8. The Speedforce is Annoying

Multiple lightning strikes flooded Anna's vision, waking up in a bedroom.

Her Bedroom.

The one before her mothers death. The one where she saw all of the cars she played with, insisting that she hated barbies.

She walked down the stairs, looking at everything she saw multiple peices of police tape.

"What the hell." Anna mumbled to herself as she explored the kitchen, seeing the marble countertops. She suddenly saw a shadow through the window. She moved towards the backdoor, seeing the black ghostly thing and chasing after it.

"Hello? Hey! Get back here!" She called after it as she ran through the streets of the city. Anna found herself in front of her old middle school. She saw someone sitting at the bench in front of it.

"Anna. Come sit." The girl motioned Anna to the seat beside her.

"Abby?"

"Acctually, no. I am the speedforce in your body, just taking this form." The blonde haired girl said as Anna took a seat.

"Do you remember this place?"

"Yeah. The place where Abby outed me as gay."

"We chose this form so you would be comfortable."

"I need to get out of here."

"You cannot."

"Why did you give me these powers?" Anna asked.

"Because you are Jolt."

"What do you mean?"

"You have to catch it."

"Why do I have to catch the thing?"

"Anna!" Cisco screamed out. Anna turned around and saw a vortex of storm energy and lightning.

"What is that?"

"Your friends."

"Can I go back?"

"Yes, but if you do, it will be without your powers." Abby said as Anna stared at her for multiple seconds, then ran off, trying to catch the black mist.

"Really?" Anna asked as she approched her father.

"You nor your brother, have been here before." The speedforce motioned to a grave. Anna leaned down, as tears filled her eyes.

Beloved Wife and Mother
Nora Allen
1959-2000

"Why?"

"It's an important part of your life."

"I know it is."

"It make you who you are."

"Maybe I didn't want to be this person. Maybe you could've chosen someone else."

"But we didn't." They said as Anna saw a flash of black in the distance. She started running again, pushing herself to get faster. She got close for multiple seconds, reaching her hand out to grab its shoulder right before it sped up again.

Anna groaned when she realized where she was. She was back at the West home. She almost stumbled when she saw a woman sitting at the table.

"Mom?" She sat on the chair. "It's not even you."

"I can't even accept who I am."

"Maybe you can. You must. You will. I don't know how, but you have became a wonderful woman. You can't outrun it. You must accept it, then you can leave it all behind." Her mother said as tears fell through her eyes.

"I miss you."

"She's proud of you."

"You remember this song?" Her mother asked as she started to sing.

"I cannot remember, when I felt so loved, so happy inside."

"I cannot feel when I don't love, when I love you to the most." Anna continued on.

"Love you to the most." They both repeated as the shadow came through the door. She grabbed it and was suddenly in her suit. She turned around, pulling her mask up and looking at her mother once more.

"Love you to the most highest points of the stars." She said before looking to the other room and hearing Cisco's voice.

"Run Anna, run." Her mother said to her as she reached for his hand, grabbing on and the lightning getting stronger as she sped out with her brother.

"I'm so glad your back. Cause we're about to die." Cisco said as she hugged her brother.

"Wait what?" Barry said in confusion. They heard multiple bangs on the door as they explained where Girder was. The door busted open and a large man entered, skin turning to steel as Iris and Barry sped out. Anna followed Cisco and Harry to the workshop.

"Were gonna need a really big extension cord!" Cisco instructed. Girder entered the room, and Barry moved around, dodging the hits before he fell to the wall. Barry started to say calm words as he sped around the giant, and Anna did the same, catching onto the idea.

When they stopped, Girder fell to the floor.

Anna leaned against the doorframe as she watched Barry grab onto Jesses hand, waking her.

"Are you like magic now?"

"It's the speed force." Harry shot a look at them.

Anna watched from a distance as Barry laid flowers on their mothers grave.

"I cannot remember, when I felt so loved, so happy inside." Anna smiled as she sang softly, her voice hanging in the wind. She watched as her brother talked with Iris. She ran her hands through her hair as they hugged, speeding back to Star Labs.

Anna approached Cisco. "Hey I wanted to ask you something."

"Uh huh."

"Jolt."

"Jolt?"

"My superhero name. Jolt."

"It has a nice touch to it. Yeah. You have my stamp of approval." Cisco turned from his work to look at her, but she had already sped away.