Chapter 12

"Your mate is a monster!" Someone shouted at Atara while running making her even more guilty.

"You are the cause of our destruction." Shouted Another.

"N-No..." she cried. But she knew there words were true. Her mate had caused a lot of destruction and continued to do so.

With teary eyes she glanced back at her mate.
Her trembling lips tried to call him, stop him. But nothing came out. Her whole body was shaking. Her mate looked dangerous. With huge black wings sprouted out and angry Red eyes. He looked murderous.

But Lucifer's anger was not directed at Atara. All his rage was for the witless residents of heaven who did not understand the meaning of Love. They were all piece of scum for him because of their opinions about his relationship with Atara. They had no right to take away his mate. The ray of sunshine in his dark life.

He glanced at Atara who was still in her position. Her ragged breathing and shaking form made her look vulnerable and broken. He did not like it at all. He wanted her to be happy and smiling her cheerful smile that made even the heartless killer to fall for her.

How could he let them hurt her?

Deimos gave back the control to Lucifer. He knew he would ruin things more if he stayed for any longer.

The huge room was left empty and cold. Just the two mates remained their. Both had an internal battle going on between them. Both were falling in the pit of guilt.

Lucifer walked towards her with slow steps. But Her eyes remained glued to the ground.

"Atara...."He trailed off as his hand started caressing her cheeks. He wiped her tears and cupped her now redder face. Even in this situation, she couldn't help but blush at his touch.

She sniffed and tried to suppress the sob that threatened to escape her.

"Why? Why is this so wrong? Why don't my parents like you? I know what you have done is wrong. It's a sin afterall. But that doesn't give them any right to snatch away your mate from you. Why do I have to choose? I want both, my mate and my parents. I-I don't want to loose any of you...." She hugged him tightly and spilled her heart in front of him. The thought of loosing him made her scared. Her cries echoed through the room making his heart clench.

"STOP MATE FROM CRYING!" His demons ordered him. It was hard to control them in this situation. Their mate was having a break down and somewhere they felt guilty.

"Shhh it's okay. Calm down little angel.You don't have to be guilty for the sins I have done. It's not your fault that I am your mate. I apologize, I apologize for my behavior earlier. But the thought of separation maddens me. Neither my demons nor me wish to be away from you." Lucifer's voice came out sorrowful, it was the first time he felt like this. For the first time he was feeling guilty for his actions. Guilty for the crimes he had committed. If he ever had the slightest idea about his mate, he would have never done this.

It wasn't entirely his fault either. He was provoked to do so. He was kept in dark about his precious mate. All he had asked for was love. And after he was finally getting what he desired, he was threatened that he will loose it. Loose his mate. The untamed demons who were never scared of even the ferocious of beasts, were scared now. Scared of loosing the only thing that kept them sane. The primal instinct to protect their mate made them do this.

"You are not at fault. I am sorry that for a moment I was caught in their words. But I don't understand. Why do they feel so much hatred for you? Will this ever end?" Atara said against his chest.

"I was never in good terms with the residents of heaven. But I am trying Atara. I am trying to not cause any damage than I have already done. I don't want you to hate me because I am a bad person. But it is hard. It is in our nature to protect our mate and make sure that you are always by my side, safe and sound." He reasoned her.