Chapter 20

SO so sorry for leaving you guys for idek how long.. oops. hope you guys havent forgotten about me or my book.. 

PLEASE READ CHAPTER 19 AGAIN BECAUSE I CHANGED MYL'S NAME TO ASH

word count: 1731

Recap:

"Oh o-ok" as he slowly goes over to Mason and Mason raises his hand to fix his hair briefly , Ash flinches and whimpers and moves back over to me and goes right back into my arms. I wrap my arms protectively around him and slowly pick him up not to startle him. as Mason and I start walking to the pack house, Ash falls asleep in my arms.

As Mason and i are walking to the pack house, we made the quick decision to take Ash to the pack hospital instead. we need to get more information for what happened to him, and why hes flinching that much. did my old pack really hurt him? good thing that pack doesnt exist though, mason took care of that long ago.

as we walk into the pack hospital, we are soon greeted by the doctor that helped me when i first came in. what was her name again?... oh right! Dr. Teddy! (A/N totally didnt have to read back for that...)

"hey doctor teddy, we found this rouge b-by the pack borders he d-didnt seem to fight back or anything though. turns out hes actually f-from my old pack, he must have been o-on the run for a while now if mason killed my pack a while back. his name is Ash, just so you know."

(A/N yes. Sky still has her stutter, i dont think it will last that long but it is going to be there for a while. it may never go away, but it will sure get better as the story progresses.)

before dr. teddy did any of her work though, she wanted to have Ash awake for it. she led us to a room and i set Ash down on the bed and heard a groan leave his lips and he suddenly shot up and looked terrified to see another face in the room, but probably because he was in a different room/area than he was when he fell asleep.

"hey buddy, its alright, im dr. teddy. im here to help you get better ok? nothing to be afraid of." dr. teddy explained to him. he looked around the room cautiously before noticing me and calming down a bit. letting his guard down a little, before putting it right back up and tensing his shoulders and moving towards the headboard, trying to get away from the doctor. similar to what i had done when i first came here. i just really hope he doesnt try and run away like i did.. that didnt end well.

 i decided to step in a bit, letting him know its ok and nobody will hurt him in this pack. he seemed to relax a bit. 

"ok can you tell me where it hurts buddy? if you do, i can give you a candy, or maybe a toy from the toy bin when youre done. does that sound ok?" dr. teddy mentioned to him and i could see the excitement build in his eyes at the mention of toys and candy. 

"I-I have t-this cut from w-when I was trying t-to protect myself from a r-rouge who was t-trying to hurt m-me" he stuttered out carefully, still having his guard up. he cautiously looked to the doctor who was standing beside him before facing his back to her and lifting his shirt. 

dr. teddy gasped and this caused Ash to flinch and put his shirt back down and move away from her. he did it so quickly that if you blinked, you would have missed it. i moved to tell him it was ok and dr. teddy was just gonna look at it and treat it, but as soon as he saw me move toward him, he flinched back and whimpered. 

"its ok Ash, dr. teddy was just surprised at how bad the cut was, now, you n-need to show her the cut before it gets infected, can you do that for me? you will still get the candy or the toy, or even if youre really lucky, maybe youll even get both. how does that sound huh?" i asked him and waited for a reply.

"i-i think i can do t-that y-yeah." Ash whispered

"sounds great! ill be right here with you if that helps"