Break(A)

Vent I guess.
Pairing: EveSou just for the sake of my sanity and because they comfort me
Not feeling my best, but let's go.
Let's begin shall we?
×
×
...

A brunette ran off, shielding himself from the rain. He finally came to his front door, opening the door hastily and shutting it behind it rather rudely.

The brunette was soaking wet but he didn't care. He looked up at the ceiling, trying to stop his watery eyes from flowing any further.

He winced, choking back his tears. He rest his head against the wall, slowly slumping down on it.

He hugged his knees tightly, burying his face into them. He cried, recalling all of today.

First of all, nobody appreciated for what he did. Whenever he helped someone out, all he wanted was to receive a single thank you, but nobody ever did. They just walked off, leaving Sou to watch them walk away.

Secondly, his friends were all so busy, never leaving any room for time to spend together, making him feel alone. If he tried to ask someone if they were free, they would just apologize to him and go back to working. They never even bothered to tell him when they would be busy, and hang out with other people instead.

Thirdly, he was sleep deprived. Every time he tired to go to bed, his thoughts kept him wide awake. Sometimes they were the most random things one could imagine. Other times, it was fear and anxiety of people and their opinions on him. He would wake up before the sun ever rose, making his thoughts stress him even more. This also caused him to have bad posture and back problems. It felt as if his bones were withering away slowly.

Suddenly, his phone rang, the ringtone echoing through the silent hall. Sou sniffed, picking up his head to answer the phone. His tears still flowed from his eyes, making it blurry for him to anything.

He didn't bother to check the name and picked it up, his head hung low.

"Hey Sou-Chan! I was wondering -" the voice on the other end said before he was cutoff from Sou, who sniffed, a hiccup escaping his mouth.

'Great. Now he'll know your crying.' Sou thought guilty, about to end the call himself, when he just couldn't bring himself to do so.

The voice on the other end spoke up.

"Sou-Chan? Is everything alright? What's the matter? You know what, don't even bother to tell me right now. I'm coming over." The voice said, his tone concerned for the brunette.

"E-Eve-San i-it's a-alright really!" Sou protested through hiccups, trying so hard not to sniff, which obviously didn't work out.

"No, it's not alright and I'm not just going to let you stay like that." Eve said on the other end before ending the call.

Sou sighed, sniffling once again. He buried his face again into his knees, crying softly.

-

A mushroom haired male was quickly getting his coat, about to visit the brunette. His phone dinged and he saw a notification from one of his friends.

Pink Trap
Eve-Kun! Wanna hang out today?

The message read. Eve hadn't even bothered to type out a response, ignoring the message. He put his phone back into his pocket and ran outside in the rain, going to meet the brunette.

The only thing on Eve's mind was getting to Sou and comforting him, no matter long he would be there or how long he would wait. All he cared for was the brunette and the brunette only, as he ran through the rain. 

The mushroom haired male reached the front door of the brunette. He put his hand over the door knob, the door creaking a bit. The door hadn't been properly locked, allowing Eve to enter easily, where he heard small sniffles.

He walked inside where he found a brunette, slouching against the wall. Sou looked up at him, sniffing, as tears glistening at the side of his face. His eyes were puffy from crying, his hair very untidy and messy.

Eve quickly ran over, crouching besides Sou. He lifted the brunette's chin up, making their eyes make contact with one another, cloudy, sky blue eyes meeting with calm, ocean blue ones. Sou glanced away, sniffing.

Eve wrapped him arms around Sou, pulling him into an embrace. Sou's eyes widened from the sudden embrace, wondering why the mushroom haired male cared so much for him. Nonetheless, he slowly put his arms around the other, returning the hug.

"Now tell me what's wrong. I'm right here to listen to every single word." The mushroom haired male softly spoke, ready to comfort the brunette.

Sou's tears streamed down as fast as rivers, sobbing into the other's chest. He told Eve everything, about the feeling of being a burden to everyone, of feeling so alone all the time, of feeling like nobody cared for him, of feeling so afraid of everyone's opinions. Eve rubbed circles onto his back, as he spoke.

"Listen to me. You aren't a burden, you aren't something of everyday use, you aren't a tool.
You're a human too. You have to take care of yourself as much as you take care of everyone. There are some people who just don't care but that makes room for more people to do their opposite. If I didn't care, I wouldn't be here now, would I?" Eve said gently, as the other was softly crying, listening to the mushroom haired male.

"I-I guess y-you w-wouldn't. B-but e-everything e-else -" Sou stuttered before he was stopped by a sudden hiccup and cried again into Eve's chest.

"Shh... It's alright. I'm right here..." The mushroom haired male whispered softly to the crying brunette. The two stayed like that Sou bringing another thing up and Eve instantly comforting him, still in the tight embrace.

Sou's crying had grown softer to the point where it was him just sniffling. His eyes grew heavy from crying so much, his eyes slowly drooping down, as Eve patted his back.

"Thank you... f-for everything." The brunette mumbled, the mushroom haired male offering a small smile.

"Of course. I really dislike seeing you so upset." Eve replied softly, Sou mumbling in response. The brunette's eyes kept closing down, Sou trying to force them to open. In the end, his eyes were fully closed, as he softly mumbled under his breath.

Eve smiled softly at him, holding the brunette in his embrace. He moved on over to the other side of the wall, Sou still being fast asleep through all of this, who was still up against Eve's chest.

The mushroom haired male sighed and smiled softly once more, brushing the brunette's hair gently, his fingers running through strands of the light brown hair.

He stayed there the entire time, brushing the brunette hair, until sleep overtook him too.

×
×
...
Hey guys!
Sorry for the little vent there.
I'm feeling much better now, so please, do not worry about me!
I'm sorry if I made you concerned about me, but I'm fine, really!

Anyway, I hoped you enjoyed this chapter!

Get some rest and drink plenty of water!

-Ramen Out!💫