Chapter 20: A Regretful Morning

(TW: Mention of death, angst, and a panic attack in this chapter.)

George's Pov

I opened my eyes and woke up to the smell of lavender.

I felt like I could fall back to sleep to that smell alone but knew I needed to get up, so I did.

I recalled all the events of last night and I buried my face in my hands, I had a blush run across my face.

I sat up and saw a note on the nightstand next to the bed and read it.

It said, "I'm downstairs cleaning up the kitchen because of the other three, they went somewhere and you and I were left behind. (-_-')"  I continued reading, "Also your phone is practically blowing up with calls, just thought I'd let you know." I chuckled at Clay's note and little drawing.

I looked at my phone on the nightstand, it was 9 am and Clay wasn't wrong about it blowing up with calls.

I had almost a hundred from the same unknown number from yesterday and decided that I'd just call back later.

I got off the bed and stretched my arms out, I left Clay's room and went to the kitchen. I spotted Clay, he looked nearly done with cleaning the kitchen, he didn't hear me so I snuck up behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist.

I pounced at his back, "Good morning, Clay~!"

Clay jumped at my sudden touch, spooking him, "What!...oh...Good morning, George~."

I move to stand in front of him, "What did they do?"

"Well, Nick exploded an egg somehow, while Darryl and Zak were messing around and got flour everywhere while baking." Clay explained to me.

I doubled over in a fit of laugher, Clay soon joined my contagious laughter, in a wheezing fit.

It took a minute before our laughter died down and I grabbed some leftovers from yesterday, reheating them.

Clay finally finished cleaning the kitchen, sitting next to me, he played with my hair in an attempt to tame my slight bed head.

I finished eating and decided to call that unknown number from last night. I went up to my room and changed into some more outdoorsy clothes.

I came back downstairs and told Clay that I'd be back. He wanted to go with me at first but I brought up that I was also going to call my dad as well, and wanted some privacy when talking to him.

He pouted a little but knew I needed alone time sometimes and he asked where I'd be at. I told him the nearby park, that I was at last time. He let me go and said that he wanted to ask me something once I got back.

I put on my shoes, I leave, shutting the door behind me, and I start walking to the park.

***

After ten minutes of walking I arrived at the park, I sat on one of the benches and called my dad first.

I got no response, it went to voice mail. I called again, no response.