Chapter 11: A Trip Through The Rain

(TW: Slight Smut?, Angst, and a Slur is used in this chapter.)

George's Pov

I left the house and remembered that there was a park nearby.

I made my way to the park slowly putting my hood up, as I noticed it looked like it was about to rain.

Once I got to the park, I saw no one was there and I pulled out my phone to call my dad.

I sit down on one of the swings and press the call button on my dad's contact. I placed the phone to my ear and heard it ringing.

A voice asked, "Hello?"

"Hey, dad."

"Oh, George, it's you...so how is your trip going so far?" My dad would always go straight to the point.

"It's going well, we plan on heading to an arcade tomorrow."

"That's good...h-how was the flight there?" My dad's voice grew concerned.

I knew exactly why he asked that question, "I was ok, I still have to come back, but it should be easier my second time around."

"Mhm, I thought you would be terrified of them more after you were on one."

"I think I'll be ok the second time, there's no reason to still be concerned about it dad."

"I know, it's just ya'know-"

I cut my dad off, "I'll be fine, dad."

"Ok alright, so what have you done so far?" He changed the subject quickly.

"Well, we when to the beach the second day and planned the rest of this trip."

***

We talked for a good hour and a half before we said our goodbyes and ended our call. I took note of the sun going down and the moon coming up.

I sighed and look at my messages, seeing that Darryl had just messaged me five minutes ago. He asked where I was and I didn't want them out looking for me a second time, so I told him I was at a nearby park.

Darryl texted back pretty quickly saying, that's good and can you get some stuff for Zak at the store, with a list of things. I sent a simple ok, I got up from the swing and made my way to the store to buy a list of things for Darryl.

I got to the store and knew I'd regret it because I'll have to walk back with whatever I bought.

I pulled down my hood as I grabbed a basket and pulled out my phone and made my way to the aisles that had the things Darryl needed for Zak.

***

I was glad made it out of the store with only two bags, but was still dreading the walk back to the house. I took a quick look at my phone, placing both of the bags in one hand, and messaged Darryl that I was on my way back and look at the time 9 pm. Darryl told me to just bring it into his room, once I got back.

I put my phone away and moved the one bag back, so I was carrying one bag in each hand.

Halfway back and I was already regretting not asking for one of them to pick me up. I sighed and sat down on a nearby bench, to give myself a break.