Chapter Fifteen

Techno laid on his bed for a few minutes after being left to his own devices before he decided he had better get up and do something.

He sighed to himself and sat up, staring at his room before he glanced over at his leather trunk that sat on the end of his bed. He reached his arm out towards it and dragged it to his body, flicking the shiny clips up and opening up the trunk.

He stared at his clothes, most specifically his red and fluffy cape from Puffy, before shutting the trunk gently again and locking it up. He didn't really want to unpack, anyway. It just made his situation all the more real. He didn't want...didn't want to admit it to himself. Not just yet.

He sighed, picking up his uniform, which were dark pants and a blue colour schemed long-sleeved shirt, and got changed.

When he was in his uniform (the shirt was rather tight-fitting), he grabbed the black coat that was part of his royal guard clothes and made his way to the lounge room. He slid the coat on and spotted Sykkuno sitting on one of the faded couches, chatting with some others that were sitting around him. Three other guys and one girl (the latter leaning on the side of the couch rather than sitting) had appeared, and Techno thinks he must have been sitting by himself for longer than he'd previously thought, because Sykkuno said his friends would be back a bit later, not after just five minutes.

He was also concerned that he hadn't even heard the other people arrive, but then realised it was because he wasn't in his hybrid form. A sharp and sudden feeling of sadness jabbed him in his heart at the thought, and he wished, more than anything, that he wasn't here.

It took Sykkuno a moment to notice Techno's silent entry, but when he did, he grinned and waved the man over quickly.

Techno sighed, bracing himself for social interaction, and made his way over. 

As he neared, he could hear the chatter come to a stop, and he awkwardly nodded his head when all the others swivelled in the seat to look at him.

The first person he looked at was a guy with mousy brown hair, the tops of it tinted green. Circular glasses framed his blue eyes, and he had a cheeky smile planted on his face.

The second one was a guy with blonde hair and blue eyes, relatively simple-looking, save for the gold chain that flashed in the light that rested on his training clothes.

The third was a guy with dark skin and short brown hair, but as if to combat his uniform with personality, wore a large mask that covered his whole face (except for his brown eyes) with splashes of red, black and yellow. 

The final person was a girl who had a Cheshire cat-like grin on her face and was watching him with an eyebrow raised. She had brown hair, but remnants of both purple and maroon dye remained in her hair, very obviously almost washed out.

Sykkuno nudged Techno, gesturing for him to sit, and Techno did so, awkwardly sitting on the edge of the couch.

"This is Technoblade, he's a newbie." Sykkuno introduced them, and Techno huffed slightly. 

He wasn't a newbie. He had training. He knew what he was doing.

Alas, he had a cover that he could not blow (for now), so he could show them his skills later.

The first person he'd noticed smiled and said; "Charlie Slimecicle! You can call me either, really." 

Techno was sure (due to the name 'Slimecicle' being on the door) that most people called him by his last name, but Techno decided he liked Charlie better, so that's what he'd go with.

He nodded and half smiled, while the second person said "I'm Punz!", and then the third "Ponk, nice to meet you." Techno muttered a half-assed 'you too', when the girl pushed herself off the side of the couch and stuck out her hand, right in Techno's face.

Techno glanced at her for a second, startled (though he didn't show it) and shook her hand.

She grinned at him, squeezing herself in between him and Sykkuno, the latter grumbling to himself and sliding to the side to allow her more room.

"Minx!" she declared, and Techno noticed a funny accent that she held.

He cleared his throat, nodding, and spoke to the whole group; "Yeah, uh, nice to meet you all."

They all smiled at him, and he sighed inwardly, breathing in relief. Okay, so, they don't hate you. Good job so far, Techno.

The others all settled back into a steady chat, and Techno sighed, staring out the big open doors at the sunset. He missed his home, he missed his natural form, he missed everything. With a silent exhale of breath, he let himself daydream of his forest as the other's voices bubbled away, the last thing he processed being Charlie mumble something about bees.

x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x

Hello friends!! I'm sorry, this is a really short chapter, but I'm at lunch break right now and I won't have enough time to finish it until tomorrow but I really wanted to get it out today for you guys so I decided to cut it short! Hope that's okay <3

Happy reading!!

-Ghost <3

(22/4/21)

Co-posted on ao3