Chapter Fourteen

Techno was pretty sure that even the oil candles hanging on the side of the wall were more expensive than him, because as he peered at them, he noticed intricate patterns, much like the rest of this castle that he was in.

He wasn't sure what the castle was made out of, but it looked like marble, and it had the most beautiful paintings and carvings around every corner. It was, to simply put it, breathtaking.

He wouldn't admit this to anyone though, especially not a hybrid (though he doubted he'd see one for a while), because he was supposed to hate humans, and he mostly did, but it was true that they did build beautiful things.

Too bad they usually destroyed it in their wars though.

Techno peered at the stained glass as he passed it, following Sykkuno, who nodded to other guards stationed throughout the hall.

"So, we're guards, which means we don't usually get to use these walkways unless we're on duty, but the guard path is blocked off, for now, so until we get that fixed we have to use this hallway," Sykkuno mentioned, and then chuckled to himself, "I don't think anyone's annoyed about it though, it beats the guards' area by far."

Techno nodded to what he said but then paused. Why was it blocked off? What had happened there?

As if somehow reading his mind, Sykkuno started talking again.

"I know what you're probably thinking, 'why's it blocked off?', well, an...accident of sorts happened. It'll be back to our use within a few days, so no worries there."

Techno narrowed his eyes at what Sykkuno said, and the man luckily didn't notice. That was weird. An...accident? Sounds like a coverup to him, but okay, to each their own.

Sykkuno kept walking, and soon they were going down some stone stairs that opened up to the outside of the castle. Techno had to shield his face for a moment from the sun to let his eyes adjust, before he lowered it slowly and took in the glistening blue sky.

As they reached the bottom of the stairs, he noticed a pale dirt trail through some grass that led to a building. It was still more expensive looking than anywhere he'd lived, but it was definitely on a lower level than the castle. He wasn't complaining about that though, he'd take what he could get, and in his case, this was much better than what he was expecting.

Next to the building he could see training grounds much like the ones at the sanctuary, only a lot larger and of much better quality.

Sykkuno led him to the building through the wide open doors, and Techno craned his head to look around. It looked like a quarters of sorts. The first main room was filled with couches and cupboards, and Sykkuno walked forward to a sheet hanging on the wall and wrote something down with a quill he'd picked up from the table and had dipped in ink. When Technoblade raised an eyebrow at him, he smiled and said "Signing us in." Then he walked forward again towards the open door at the back of the room that led to a hallway. Doors lined the walls in the hall, and Sykkuno took him right to the back. 

Techno leaned forward to read the sign on the door, and Sykkuno took the paper out, writing 'Technoblade' on it, before sliding it back into the small glass case. A couple other names were on the sheet too, Techno noticed, peering closer.

'Sykkuno, Slimecicle, Punz, Ponk' and in a scribble underneath 'Technoblade'.

"We'll get it put on properly in the future, but for now though, here's your quarters. You share it with me and some other guys, but you'll meet them later."

Techno nodded at Sykkuno's words and opened the door to see 5 beds, almost as if they were expecting another person.

Puffy's words flashed through his mind, and he realised this was her doing. She'd signed him up, so they knew he was coming.