Chapter Two

Bright sunlight pierced Technoblade's vision when he woke up. He groaned in annoyance, clenching his eyes shut as he put a hand in front of his face.

His head is throbbing, and he wonders for a moment why.

But then it hits him.

His eyes snap open in realisation, ignoring the bright flashes of pain that accompany this act, and looks around.

This is not his room. Crazy lady Captain Puffy had kidnapped him.

His mouth felt dry from this fact as he looked around nervously. The room he was in looked like more of a hut than a house.

The floor was made of wood, and the room was only big enough to fit a bed and some space on the floor. It was circular, and as he looked up, he saw that the roof was pointy.

He rubbed his face, swinging his feet off the bed as he continued to look around.

His clothes were still on him, as well as his shoes, completely intact.

He stood up carefully, holding onto the frame of the bed for support when his headache flared up again and made his way to a wooden door. It opened with a creak when he nudged against it, and his eyes widened at what he saw on the other side.

He was in a large clearing in the middle of a forest. Sun shone through the leaves leaving gentle rays over the grass. There were many other huts just like his in the clearing, and he saw people moving around and doing tasks in the summer light.

The shocking thing, however, was the features that these people had.

Techno spotted one man with rabbit ears and a small puffy tail as he bounced up, picking apples from a tree and putting them into a basket.

He saw a woman with large mottled wings attached to her back as she walked past him. He saw so many things, so many unfamiliar things, and he had to sit down in shock. Luckily for him, there were small wooden steps coming off the hut he'd been in, and he slumped down onto them for support.

Techno flicked his ears and realised with a start that he was in his hybrid form. He warily put his hand to his tusks and sighed slightly.

He thinks he might be sick.

This is all too much.

"Hey, kid." A voice interrupted his thoughts and he snapped his head up, looking to the side. Puffy stood there in all her sheep glory. He narrowed his eyes but did not get up.

"Where am I?" he questioned, and he saw her smile slightly.

"My sanctuary." she said, and Techno bit the inside of his cheek.

"I realised that, funnily enough," he deadpanned, "I meant, where are we? Where is this place?"

He watched her think for a moment before a slightly guarded smile flicked across her face.

"In due time, I'll tell you." she promised, and Techno had to resist the urge to scream.

Screaming would get him nowhere. He had to be calm.

"I really don't appreciate the fact that you kidnapped me." Techno muttered, and she winced slightly.

"I don't like to call it kidnapping," she started, "think of it as more like...safety adoption."

Techno raised an eyebrow, "Did you seriously just say this was safety adoption?"

Puffy barked out a laugh and sat on the stairs next to Techno, who scooched to the side slightly with a huff.

"It was for your own safety, kid." she murmured, and Techno sighed.

"I still don't understand what you mean by that." he growled out, ears pinned back warily.

"Humans are...bad," Puffy said, "they hurt, and they take, and they kill. You weren't safe with them." 

Techno narrowed his eyes, "They're my family! Of course, I'm safe with them!" he spat, losing his composure slightly.

Puffy looked at him with sympathetic eyes, ears pinned back just like Techno's.

"You'd be surprised at how many hybrids thought the same, and when they told their family, they were hunted." she muttered, and Techno looked at her with guarded curiosity.

"If there are so many hybrids with sob stories, then why have I never heard of them before?" he asked after a moment of silence, shifting slightly.

"We have ways of hiding ourselves. That, and Schlatt's made it his goal to kill all of us without alerting any of his kingdom." she muttered, and Techno raised an eyebrow.

"He's trying to kill us?" he questioned, not even realising he'd put himself into the equation.

Captain Puffy nodded, her fluffy white hair bouncing slightly.

"Too many of us have been murdered. This is why I made this sanctuary. This is why I can't let you go." she said, and Techno looked away from her.

He did not respond. Instead, he listened to the sounds of children laughing as they played in the clearing and the sounds of hybrids going about their daily business.

"...You seem calmer about this than I expected." Puffy mentioned after a moment, and Technoblade looked back at her.

"I've had experience with hiding my emotions." he deadpanned, and she frowned.

"You're just a kid."

"Believe me, I'm aware."

Puffy sighed slightly, patting him on the shoulder. Techno leaned away from the touch. She didn't get to comfort him, not after she took him away from his life.

She stood, stretching slightly, not bothered by Techno's unwillingness to be near her.

"I'm going to get out of here." Techno said after a moment, and she raised an eyebrow.

"You can't. This place is under heavy fortification." she objected.

"I'll find a way." he growled out, and she smiled slightly.

"Let me teach you more about the hybrid way. Better to learn about yourself before you make any decisions. You don't even know how to change your form properly, you need my help." she said, and Techno narrowed his eyes.

He needed to protect his family. He had to go back and provide for them. Phil, Wilbur and Tommy needed him.

Then again...he wouldn't be much help if he walked around looking like a monster. He'd basically be sending a message to Schlatt saying 'hey, come get me!'.

He stared at Puffy for a moment, before sighing.

"I'll stay. Only until I learn how to control this, though." he added and watched as she grinned.

"I don't know kid, I think you may end up liking this place." she murmured and tipped her hat to him before walking off and disappearing around the corner.

Techno sighed, running a hand through his hair as he looked at his surroundings.

"Home sweet home." he muttered to himself, before making his way back into the hut and sleeping his headache off.

x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x

Hello friends!!! Another chapter back at you!

I'm not feeling super great today so I hope that doesn't reflect in my writing :((

Happy reading!! 

-Bee <3

(23/2/21)

Co-posted on ao3