Chapter Five

Techno followed Foolish down the pathway into the forest, trying to keep up with the teen's fast speed. Of course, the cheetah hybrid had to be the one he followed. Figures.

As they walked, Techno realised that this path linked up to the one he'd taken the other week to the weird magic tree, and he wondered for a moment just why Foolish was taking him there.

And why hadn't he said anything? Kinda weird, not gonna lie.

Techno huffed quietly to himself. He could be doing better things than this. Like...he thought about it for a minute.

It was either find out what this mysterious teenage boy wanted to show him, or sit at a table and die inside from awkward interaction.

You know what? Maybe this wasn't so bad.

Soon enough, they'd made their way to the magic tree, and Techno's eyes widened as he stared at it.

Despite having seen it before, it was just as majestic and beautiful.

The blue glow continued to emit from behind wooden planks, and Techno found himself still wondering what was inside of it.

How did a tree just glow blue? As far as he was aware, most trees didn't do that.

Then again, he had just found out he had magic inside of him and had transformed into some sort of pig-hybrid, so was a magic glowing tree really that surprising?

Foolish stopped in front of the tree, staring at Techno with a tilted head.

Techno cleared his throat awkwardly, staring at the teen as his ears flicked up, "What?"

Foolish gestured with his head towards the tree and Techno looked at him in confusion.

A twig snapped, and Techno turned to look at the tree where the sound had come from.

Puffy stood there, and Techno would have taken a minute to think about how the fuck she just appeared out of nowhere, but he was more focused on being annoyed at her.

"Where the fuck have you been?" he asked, ears flicking back as Foolish slipped back into the forest.

Puffy raised an eyebrow, letting out a gentle laugh.

"Missed me, have you?" she asked, and Techno rolled his eyes.

"You wish." he growled, and Puffy sighed slightly, leaning against the tree.

"Look, kid, I go off sometimes. You just gotta deal with that." she said, and Techno huffed.

"You can do this weird disappearing act after you teach me what you promised." he deadpanned, and Puffy grinned slightly.

"You're stubborn, kid. I like that." Techno narrowed his eyes at her but did not comment.

She sighed heavily, moving away from the tree and sitting on the grass in front of it.

She flicked her fingers, gesturing for Techno to come forward.

He did so, albeit warily.

He sat down in front of her on the grass, crossing his legs.

She flashed him a smile.

"Okay, here we go." she murmured, and Techno tilted his head in confusion.

"Close your eyes, kid." she nagged, and Techno huffed before closing them.

"Alright," he heard her voice, "just do what you did last time, but instead of expanding the magic energy, try to compress it into your chest." 

Techno bit the inside of his cheek, before letting out a sigh and trying to do it.

He thought of pulling all his magic to his chest, and it started to work before he felt a zapping feeling go throughout him, and he yelped, opening his eyes.

Puffy stared at him, an eyebrow raised, before she sighed.

"Try again." 

Techno huffed, closed his eyes, trying again, and he slowly felt the magic pull into his chest. His ears and mouth felt fuzzy for a moment as he felt the change in his body, and when the feeling stopped, he peeked his eyes open.

Puffy was staring at him with an impressed look on her face, and she pulled out the pocket mirror from before.

He took it, inspecting his face, and realised it had worked. He was back in his human form, but it felt...weird. Unnatural.

He blinked slightly, nodding his head.

"Well. Thanks." he muttered, and Puffy's lip twitched up into a smile.

They sat there in silence for a moment before Techno moved back into his pig-like form.

His shoulders relaxed at the feeling of magic spreading throughout him, and he smiled to himself, before remembering Puffy was there and pushed a nonchalant look back onto his face.

She stared at him in amusement, and he rolled his eyes.

"It just feels better. For now."

She shrugged, "I didn't say anything."

"I could feel you wanting to say something." he muttered, and she laughed at him.

They sat in the grass silently before Puffy sighed, adjusting her hat on her head.

"You're pretty powerful, kid." she mentioned, and Techno raised an eyebrow in confusion, one ear flicking up.

"What?" he asked, and she smiled lightly.

"It usually takes months of practice for hybrids to ace transforming." she said, and Techno blinked in surprise.

"Oh."

"Yeah, oh." she laughed, and Techno bit the inside of his cheek.

Well, that's a bit odd. Why was he able to get it so quickly?

Techno must have said that out loud by accident because he saw Puffy shrug in response.

"I dunno, kid. You're powerful, like I said. Your connection to the tree is...weird. You're weird." she ended on that note, and Techno raised an eyebrow.

"You're a sheep hybrid who kidnapped me and took me to a magical hybrid sanctuary with a magic glowing tree, and you're calling me the weird one?" he spat, and Puffy let out a boisterous laugh.

"Yeah, okay. You got me there." she said, fluffy ears flicked up in humour.

Techno sighed, looking up at the sky, and Puffy stood up gently, brushing the dirt off of her coat.

"I'll see you around, kid." she said.

"Hold on, no- you need to explain this power-" he said, but when he looked to where she'd previously been standing, he saw that she was gone.

He looked around but saw no sign of her.

An uneasy feeling settled in the pit of his stomach, but he pushed it away.

"Hm."

x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x - x

Hello friends!! Short chapter today, I know, I'm sorry :((

Hope you enjoyed it anyway!!

Happy reading!!

-Bee <3

(27/2/21)

Co-posted on ao3