10. Stressed/Exhausted

Emilia was now 4 months old and she was up crying all night because she was teething. Harry was at the studio today with the boys and you were exhausted and trying to change Emilia's diaper. After a long battle of trying to get her to stay still, 30 minutes later, you finally changed her diaper changed and had her into leggings and a top.

She had been crying non stop for 15 minutes or so even after feeding, rocking, putting her teething gel onto her gums and changing her diaper. You were beyond exhausted, with only having an hour and 30 minutes sleep last night because Harry had to sleep for the studio today so you were on all baby duties. You were stressed because she wouldn't stop crying and you didn't know what to do.

Harry left at 10 o'clock this morning and it was now 4pm. And Emilia had been crying the majority of the time he was gone.

"Please Emilia, stop crying," you whispered walking around the house rocking the small baby. When the cries started to subside you were glad. You always thought you were a good mother but now you were starting to doubt it.

You lay on the sofa laying Emilia against your chest and closed your eyes. Once you opened them again, Emilia was sleeping.

It was around 10 minutes later when the door opened and closed loudly. "Y/N! I'm home!" He shouted throughout the house and the door banging caused Emilia to start crying again.

You stood up from the sofa and rocked her again until Harry made himself known and you passed Emilia to him.

"Take your daughter please. I just got her down. She's been crying all day," you said briefly before walking upstairs and getting into bed, letting the sobs overcome your body. You lay and cried for a while before hearing Harry's voice come through the baby monitor.

"Mummy and I love you Emilia. We're both just trying to get used to this," he whispered. Another few minutes later Harry came into the bedroom. You pretended to bs asleep and he got into bed behind you, wrapping you up in his arms.

"I know your not sleeping," he said and you sniffled. "I know you're stressed and exhausted. You have no idea how guilty I feel about you being up all of last night and then leaving today," you shook your head telling him he shouldn't feel guilty.

"I'm a terrible mum. It took me half an hour to change her diaper and put her in clothes. I couldn't stop her from crying. I thought I was a good mum but I'm not, and I feel terrible," he hugged me tighter.

"You're a great mum. You've helped me be the father I am today by teaching me so many things. Never doubt your motherly qualities. You're a great mother," he kissed your cheek.

At that moment Emilia started to gargle in the room beside yours.

"I think Emilia wants her mummy," Harry chuckled and you kissed him lightly before you both went to tend to your daughter.