6. First Night

"Come on Emilia, Mummy's here," You whispered to the screaming baby in your arms. You were rocking in the nursing chair in the nursery because you didn't want to wake Harry up. But that obviously didn't help as he walked in and sat down beside you.

"Is she just being fussy?" He asked and you nodded. She won't feed, I've changed her nappy and I've tried rocking her. I think she's just tired. He nodded and agreed just as she let out a little yawn and continued to cry.

"I'll try feed her again," you said and you pulled up your short and unclipped your nursing bra. She latched on and sucked a few times before unlatching but not crying.

You then started to rock her and Harry chuckled at her. She was fighting to stay awake. And you were too as this was the third time you had been up with her tonight and it was only 1:30am.

"I'll get up next time. Let's put her back in her bassinet," you nodded and followed Harry into your room and slipped her into the mini contraption.

"We love you Emilia," Harry whispered softly kissing her head. And you copied his action before just standing there and looking at the tiny human before you.

"I can't believe we made her. I can't believe she's half of us," you whispered and Harry nodded.

"She's so perfect, thank you for giving me the gift of being a father," you kissed him softly.

"It's no problem. Thanks for giving me the gift of being a mother," he kissed you this time and pulled your hand lightly.

"Sleep. I'll get her the next time as it will probably be a diaper change. If not, I'll wake you up as I'll need to borrow a boob," you chuckled at him and settled back into bed.

Harry woke you up an hour and 10 minutes later. She wanted a feed. And that night, you only got 3 hours of sleep. But you wouldn't change it for the world.