2. Breastfeeding

You were awoken from your slumber at 2 in the morning with Emilia's cries. You sat up in bed and picked your daughter up cradling her to your chest.

"What's wrong baby? Do you need changed?" You smelled her diaper but nothing so you figured she needed to be fed. The nurse had talked you over how to breastfeed earlier but you were still nervous.

You lay Emilia gently on her side and turned towards her. You opened your gown and placed your breast at her mouth. Thankfully she took it and her cries stopped as soon as she latched on and started to drink. Her mouth kept losing grip on your nipple so she started to get frustrated and cry again.

You decided to pick her up and try just sitting with her but that didnt work either. She wasn't latching with you sitting up holding her normally.

"Is everything ok?" Harry asked, voice laced with sleep.

"She's not latching on properly and then she does and lets it go. I'l try laying with her again," Harry nodded and walked over to your bed.You tried your first position again and Emilia kept losing grip.

"Just lay like that, it's obviously not going to happen first time. We've just got to be patient," you nodded.

"I just dont want her to get frustrated and think that I'm pulling away from her," you looked down at the tiny baby laying trying to latch on to your nipple. "My boob is literally bigger than her head." Harry and you laughed and you inhaled quickly when you felt Emilia latch on tightly.

"She's doing it!" you whispered excitedly.

"Can I like, take a picture?" you nodded happily.

"Of course, I don't care if people see my boob," Harry chuckled and took his phone out of his pocket. You looked up at him and smiled as he had the camera facing you both.

You were sure that by now Harry must have around 250 photos of Emilia on there and she hasn't been in the world for a full day yet.

"All of our family are coming tomorrow, well today," you nodded and Emilia started to loosen her grip and her eyes were closing.

"She's a really happy baby. She only really cries when she needs something." Harry nodded and stroked her head lightly.

"She's so beautiful. Like you."