Ch.43 Purple Yam and Black Rice Porridge

Start from the beginning

Old Man Yang nodded. He thought a bit and finally pinpointed what felt slightly off. "Are... you going home?"

"Mhm, I should go back to visit."

"Are you taking Xiao Yi with you?"

If you thought about it, Lin ShuYi and Shen Fu couldn't be considered to have a deep relationship at all. Lin ShuYi had merely helped Shen Fu out, and as the two of them got to know each other longer, a bit of a friendship started to develop. But this friendship shouldn't have reached the point where Shen Fu would bring him back to recommend him to his own parents. After all, if Shen Fu's family circumstances weren't normal. How would his parents be your typical people? Lin ShuYi was as different from his family as heaven and earth. It wouldn't be very good for Shen Fu to just rashly take him there, right?

When Shen Fu heard Old Man Yang ask that, he nodded as if it was obvious. "Of course. Grandpa, you can relax. I will take care of him well."

Old Man Yang shook his head. "I'm not actually worried about that. I'm just worried that if you take Xiao Yi over so hastily, will your parents dislike him?"

Why did these nervous feelings also seem kind of strange?

However, wealthy people all had some weird customs. Even though Shen Fu's relationship with Lin ShuYi was quite good, this didn't mean that Shen Fu's parents would like Lin ShuYi...

Wait a moment, this seemed even stranger. Wasn't this kind of 'worrying about the daughter meeting the parents-in-law' feeling a little inappropriate?

Sure enough, Shen Fu also laughed. "Grandpa, no need to worry. My parents are both excellent people. What's more, Xiao Yi saved me. My parents haven't even had time to be thankful to him yet, so how would they make things difficult for him."

With Shen Fu supporting Lin ShuYi, who would dare to make things difficult for him?

Old Man Yang thought about it and felt like, as expected, he was overthinking it. If they were just friends, there shouldn't be a problem, right? But even if this was the case, Old Man Yang still pondered over it and stuffed a few more things into the bags. They were all regional specialties that he had bought on his last trip.

"Grandpa, you don't need to pack so much." Shen Fu didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

"Since Xiao Yi is going to visit your family, he can't just go empty-handed. It's not like these things are particularly rare. As long as your parents don't dislike it, it's fine."

Shen Fu shifted his eyes and felt like it made sense, so he didn't try to stop Old Man Yang anymore. His parents definitely wouldn't dislike it.

Lin ShuYi had gone out for a bit. When he came back, he was given a huge fright by the large and small luggages that Old Man Yang had packed.

"Grandpa, it's just a few days. What's the point of bringing so much?"

Old Man Yang stuffed the contents of the luggage down a bit and zipped it up. "Xiao Fu is driving, so it's not like it's hard to bring. You can't just go empty-handed, how impolite would that be."

Lin ShuYi thought that Old Man Yang was talking about things that he packed for them to eat along the way. He was a little baffled, but Lin ShuYi would never think that there were too many things to eat. So, in the end, he didn't say anything else. He turned to ask Shen Fu, "Are you driving? The car that you borrowed from your friend last time?"

Shen Fu nodded.

Lin ShuYi's eyes lit up again. "That's right, didn't you say you would teach me to drive last time too?"