Ch.42 Honeyed Walnuts

Start from the beginning

It didn't take long before the sound of a car engine could be heard and a bunch of elderly got out, smiling and laughing.

"Grandpa." As Lin ShuYi and Shen Fu greeted them, they went to help with the luggage. Old man Yang really bought a lot and some were pretty heavy too.

"This time old man Yang bought the most and it's all edible too." A elderly women from the group teased.

Shen Fu helped bring their stuff in as Lin ShuYi brought them water.

Old man Yang just smiled without saying anything but Xiao Wan's grandma knew all about it. The whole way old man Yang kept on saying 'Xiao Yi would like this' and 'he would like that as well.' Old man Yang really saw Lin ShuYi as his grandson, but it was good that this kid was by his side. Otherwise, he would've been so hurt from what happened.

It didn't take long before the family members of the elders came. In the end, everyone just gathered around and talked about the trip. Out of all these people, the youngest was Xiao Wan's grandma and even she was over sixty years old. Some were more than seventy but everyone looked super energetic.

Everyone chatted away happily and half a day passed away before they started leaving. Only Xiao Wan's grandma stayed since Xiao Wan's parents were still working while Xiao Wan was in school. No one was home so she stayed. Otherwise, she would have to make a meal only for herself at home.

"Xiao Yi, where did you put that red bag of mine?" Suddenly old man Yang asked.

"I put it in your room."

Old man Yang nodded and went to grab the bag. As he opened it, he said, "These are honeyed walnuts, salted almonds and sugared cashews. The nuts there were super cheap and tasty. We all bought a lot." As he continued, he pulled out a few more boxes from the bag. There were five in total. Other than the ones he said, there was also pine nuts and dried raisins. Together it looked like a gift box.

Lin ShuYi looked over with sparkling eyes. The boxes weren't small and inside were all nuts sugar coated into sparkling pieces.

Seeing his reaction, Xiao Wan's grandma smiled. It wasn't nearly as cheap as old man Yang made them out to be. They were still in Tian Chao, even if it was cheap, it couldn't be super cheap. Not only that, the ones he bought were all de-shelled. He didn't like sweets so Xiao Wan's grandma knew instantly who they were for.

"Xiao Fu, have some as well." Old man Yang said to Shen Fu with a smile. Even after knowing they weren't brothers, he still treated him the same, just like before.

But, if Shen Fu wasn't Lin ShuYi's cousin, he would have to ask what exactly their relationship was. Not to mention, he still remembered what those people who escorted him out said. He knew about his relatives, ignoring the fact that most he lost contact with because of Zhao XueMei, none had that kind of ability or connection. At first, he was still confused, but now he slowly understood. The first time he saw Shen Fu, he knew he wasn't from an ordinary family, but after so long, he didn't seem like a young master either. The fact that he was able to do everything made him ignore his initial instinct.

Thinking back, the only reason those people had such a big reaction could only be because of Shen Fu.

Shen Fu didn't have a sweet tooth like Lin ShuYi, actually his love of sweets was very limited. But seeing Lin ShuYi eating them with such joy, he couldn't help but think they were tasty as well.

Once they finished eating, Xiao Wan's grandma left and Lin ShuYi helped bring her stuff back, while Shen Fu and old man Yang cleaned up the rooms.

"Xiao Fu, you were the one who got people to bring me back right?" Old man Yang suddenly said as he was tidying up.