Ch.42 Honeyed Walnuts

Chapter 42: Honeyed Walnuts

Everything about Xi Qin Restaurant's renovation was outsourced, meaning Lin ShuYi only had to describe his idea to a designer then the rest would be dealt with by them. They would find a construction team and make sure everything went smoothly without Lin ShuYi needing to worry about it.

Once they had a talk with the designer in the restaurant, they managed to finalize the details. As they were leaving, they received a call from old man Yang.

The voice from the telephone was clear of the gloom that had loomed over, instead his laughter was exceptionally loud, "Xiao Yi, we're back. Right now, we're in the city. Xiao Wan's grandma wants to go shopping, so we wanted to ask if you needed anything?"

Lin ShuYi was a bit surprised, "You're back already?"

"Yes, we're back."

"Then you guys enjoy yourselves. There's nothing I need."

"Okay. We brought back a lot of souvenirs this time. I'll give you something new tasting."

Hearing that, Lin ShuYi smiled, "Okay, thanks grandpa."

Then the two leisurely walked back.

Knowing that old man Yang was returning, Lin ShuYi looked as if his whole person brightened up. Shen Fu smiled inwardly, it seemed that Lin ShuYi had a weird attachment to old man Yang. It was even making him a bit jealous.

"Once old man Yang's back, let's go out too." Shen Fu suddenly said looking at Lin ShuYi.

Lin ShuYi was just thinking about the souvenirs when he heard Shen Fu say this.. He turned around and asked, "Out? To where?"

Shen Fu thought about it. He didn't want to go home, but he wanted to bring Lin ShuYi to H city. After all that was his territory. If Lin ShuYi wanted to stay here, he was willing to stay here with him, but he still wanted to bring Lin ShuYi back. After he had been gone for so long, everyone should've started to worry. Bringing Lin ShuYi back was to also to prove a point. So that his grandpa wouldn't come find him, which would only bring more trouble.

"H city. You want to go?"

Lin ShuYi knew about H city because Shen Fu said that that's where he was from. But he didn't understand why he wanted to bring him there. "Why do you want go there?"

Shen Fu pressed his lips together. "There's a lot of interesting places, I can bring you to all of them."

Lin ShuYi was a bit hesitant, "Xi Qin restaurant's still under renovations, can we just leave it?"

"The rest can only be left to the construction team, you can't do anything anyways. Grandpa Yang's back as well. Don't you want to take this opportunity to go out and play?" Shen Fu's eyes were black and shined as if coaxing him to say yes. He wasn't about to tell Lin ShuYi that they were jumping ahead straight to the 'meet my parents' phase.

Lin ShuYi thought about it and agreed, "Okay, once grandpa returns, I'll tell him."

He actually wanted to know more about this world as well. What he had seen was only a small fraction. There was a lot he only knew from television as well. If possible, of course he would want to see everything for himself.

Gaining Lin ShuYi's approval, Shen Fu's eyes finally smiled.

Meeting his parents.. He didn't know how dark grandpa's expression was going to get, but he would probably like Lin ShuYi. After all, Lin ShuYi was a great cook.

Since old man Yang was about to return, Lin ShuYi and Shen Fu didn't go back and just went to his house to wait. They were given the keys before he left.