Chapter Fifteen - Out In The Open

As chaos grips Mantle, the Kybuck Clan splits up to try and help the people caught in the chaos. In the streets, Gungi and Byph were protecting a group of civilians from a pack of Grimm that had broken through the city's defenses. 

Gungi: <Stay back! We will protect you!>

Byph: Gungi! Behind you! 

Byph then cuts down a Grimm that was about to ambush Gungi. The two Jedi then form a defensive perimeter around the civilians. Using the Force, Gungi and Byph kept the civilians safe as they ran for safety. 

Byph: Get to safety! We'll hold the line!

As the civilians ran for safety, Gungi and Byph fought wave after wave of Grimm. Meanwhile on the other side of the city, Lord Scourge cut through hacked through wave after wave of Grimm with his Lightsaber. Attracted by Scourge's Dark Side aura, any nearby Grimm flocked to Scourge like a moth to a flame. 

Scourge: Come at me, you mindless beasts. Flock to me like moths to a flame. 

As the Grimm continued to charge at Scourge, the former Emperor's Wrath cut down the Grimm with ease. During his killing spree, Scourge spots a little girl cornered by a Grimm. Under normal circumstances, Scourge would allow the girl to die. However, Scourge went against his Sith instincts and lunged at the Grimm prepared to attack the girl. Scourge then cuts the Grimm in half with his Lightsaber. The little girl was speechless as Scourge stood over her. 

Scourge: The creatures will come after me. If you want to live, I suggest you get out of here. 

The little girl then ran away to safety as Lord Scourge continued to fight wave after wave of Grimm. Meanwhile in the skies above the city, Ganodi was flying the Ebon Hawk while Zatt fired the Ebon Hawk's heavy laser turret at the Teryxes chasing after them. 

Zatt: These things just don't quit! 

Huyang: We must persist! We must buy them time to evacuate the city! 

Ganodi began to perform evasive maneuvers to try and draw the Grimm's attention on them. Zatt continued to shoot them down with the Ebon Hawks's heavy laser turrets. while Huyang helped coordinate the Ebon Hawk's attack. Meanwhile, Katooni and Petro made their way to marketplace where people in Grimm masks began slaughtering civilians. 

???: Kill them! Kill them all! 

As the attackers slaughtered the civilians, Petro was quick to recognize the mask and garb of the attackers. 

Petro: White Fang?! I thought those guys were history!

Katooni: We have to help the people!

Petro: Lead the way!

Katooni and Petro activated their Lightsabers and began attacking the White Fang insurgents. To the surprise of the two Jedi, the White Fang proved to be better trained than before. However, Katooni and Petro were still able to hold their own. 

White Fang Insurgent: We must fight for the cause! We must not falter now! They are weak! We must finish them!

Katooni: Stand down! The White Fang was defeated! 

White Fang Insurgent: The White Fang has been reborn! We were lost, but now we have become stronger than ever! Humanity shall know the unforgiving wrath of the Faunus!

Petro: This is your last chance to back down. In case you didn't notice, Grimm are swarming the city. Why don't you make it easy on yourselves and surrender?

White Fang Insurgent: The White Fang will not surrender! Glory to the Faunus! Glory to the White Fang!

With that, Katooni and Petro were engaged in an intense fight with the White Fang insurgents. Katooni used Force Judgement to shock one of them into unconsciousness. As one was about to attack Katooni, Petro kicked him in the face and lands a nonlethal slash. 

Petro: I got your back! 

Katooni smiled as the two Jedi fought back to back. As the fight dragged on, the White Fang insurgents suddenly stopped. 

White Fang Insurgent: Fall back! Fall back! 

Before the Jedi could react, the White Fang insurgents dropped smoke bombs, covering the area in smoke. What followed was a massive explosion which caused a nearby building to collapse. Katooni and Petro used the Force to keep the building from collapsing on top of them. Once they do so, they attempt to find a trail, but none was found. 

Katooni: They got away....

Petro: What the hell is the White Fang doing here?

Katooni: I don't know. 

With that, Katooni and Petro continued helping with the evacuation of Mantle while fighting off the Grimm. During that, a broadcast of Ironwood and Robyn Hill revealed the existence of the Amity Tower Project. In the height of the chaos, the Kybuck Clan regrouped and escorted a large group of civilians to a landing pad so that they may be evacuated to Atlas. 

Katooni: This will take you all to safety! 

With that, the Kybuck Clan began the process of evacuating the civilians to Atlas. As the chaos continues, an unknown woman wearing the uniform of an Atlesian soldier walks the halls of the Atlas Academy. As she walks, she is approached by Mordred and Grendel. The woman simply smiled.  

???: About time you showed up. Where's Deimos and Phobos? 

Mordred: Dead, I'm afraid. The Jedi proved more tenacious than expected. Were you able to find the Winter Maiden, Circe?

As Mordred says this, green smoke engulfs the woman, revealing Circe Hemlock. 

Circe: It took me some time, but I found her. Ironwood has her under tight security. 

Mordred: I'm sure this chaos will grant you an opportunity. 

With that, Mordred and Grendel had regrouped with Circe. They would wait until the chaos grants them an opportunity to make their move on the frail Winter Maiden.