Chapter One - The Greatest Kingdom

As the Ebon Hawk reached Atlas, everyone on board grew nervous as Atlas Air Control began to direct orders from the radio.

Atlas Air Control(Radio): Unidentified vessel, please continue your approach to Atlas docking bay Omega-12. A security team will meet you there. Over.

Ruby: I don't understand. What's happening here?

Qrow: I don't know. 

Jaune: But we are here. We got the lamp to Atlas, so I guess we land and get some answers.

Weiss: I'm not so sure. I've never seen our forces deployed so aggressively before. If we land in a stolen ship, there's no way the security team will let us anywhere near Ironwood. They might even take me back to my father.

Katooni: I think the best decision is to keep our distance. 

Petro: Say no more. Hey Ganodi, is there any place we can land? 

Ganodi: Yeah. There's a city below Atlas. I'm taking us in now. 

Ganodi then begins to pilot the Ebon Hawk towards the city. They soon find out that the city in question was called Mantle. They spot a large screen playing a transmission from General Ironwood. 

Yang: General Ironwood. He looks...

Ruby: Tired.

Qrow: James, what have you been doing?

As Ganodi searches for a place to land, Weiss attempts to call her sister Winter from her Scroll, but gets no answer. 

Weiss: This isn't right. None of this is right.

Once more, the Ebon Hawk is contacted by Atlas Air Control. 

Atlas Air Control(Radio): Unidentified vessel, we've noticed a detour in your route. You are to make your way to docking bay Omega 12 immediately. Do you copy? Over.

Maria: We're kind of running out of time here, kids.

Zatt: We better think of something quick or there's a good chance we get shot out of the sky. 

Qrow: Agreed. Get lost in Mantle and buy ourselves some time.

Weiss: I'm telling you, my sister can take us to Ironwood.

Without hesitation, Petro walks over to the radio and communicates with Atlas Air Control. 

Petro: Uh...everything's under control! Situation totally normal! Our uh....ship's reactor is leaking, but we're patching it up! We're fine! All good! Thank you! How....how are you?

Suddenly, Winter's voice is heard on the radio. 

Winter(Radio): Unidentified vessel, this is your final warning. Failure to cooperate with Atlas military personnel is a punishable offense. If your sector is under lockdown...

Katooni: We need to find a place to hide quickly. 

Ganodi: All right. I found a spot. We should be able to lose them here. 

With that, Ganodi pilots the Ebon Hawk in a secluded area. After that, everyone exits the Ebon Hawk and makes their way to Mantle. 

Maria: Come on now, hurry! It shouldn't be much of a walk.

Jaune: Is this many soldiers normal?

Weiss: No. At least, I didn't think so.

As they walk the streets of Mantle, Katooni notices a drone flying next to them. At first, she thinks nothing of it until it starts to follow them. Before she could react, the drone is completely crushed. Katooni turns to Lord Scourge. 

Scourge: That drone won't be bothering us again. 

Maria: You have to remember, the Kingdom had just lost the Great War. The people of Mantle needed a sign of a brighter future, and that sign was Atlas. After all, a home in the clouds is as bright as it gets.

Scourge: Until the clouds are ripped out of the sky. This kind of folly will be Atlas's downfall. 

As they walked the streets of Mantle, they notice a large military presence in the city. The Jedi could feel a collective sense of sadness and fear. 

Katooni: These people....they're scared....

Gungi: <There...there must be something we can do.>

Ganodi: But what can we do? This place is under a full military occupation. 

Zatt: Not to mention that all this negative emotion will no doubt attract Grimm. 

As they walk, Blake was interrupted by a group of drunk men voicing their grievances about what is happening. The Jedi could see that this situation could potentially cause a scene. Katooni walks in and waves her hand. 

Katooni: You will walk away and go about your business. 

Drunk Man: We will...walk away and go about our business..

With that, the drunk men began walking away without hesitation. With the potential conflict dealt with, Blake turned to Katooni. 

Blake: Thanks, Katooni. 

Katooni: Let's keep moving. 

Eventually, the group reaches what appears to be a pharmacy. As they enter inside, Maria approaches a man behind a desk. After a brief conversation, the man is revealed to be Pietro who is an expert on prosthetics. 

Katooni: Excuse us, we were wondering if you could help us. We came to Atlas hoping to talk to General Ironwood, but....

Blake: What exactly has been happening here?

Pietro: Well, the Fall of Beacon took a toll on all of us. James was no different. I couldn't tell you exactly what it was he saw there, but it changed him. He's...

Qrow: He's scared. 

Pietro: Paranoid would be the more appropriate term. You have to understand, it wasn't just the Grimm. Someone completely dismantled Atlas security code, made it their play-thing, and made us look like traitors to some and buffoons to everyone else. Whoever managed to do that is either a genius or one of our own. I fear the answer may be both, and so does the general.

Huyang: This does not bode well for our journey. 

Katooni: There must be something we can do. 

It wasn't long before Pietro recognized the members of Team RWBY. However, before answers could be given, screaming was heard outside. Everyone rushed outside to see a pack of Grimm attacking. In that moment, everyone prepared for a fight.