chapter 15

"Well hello there, pretty girl" The blonde next to me said, as I sat down.
"Hi" I replied, pecking her cheek before putting my seat belt on.

The drive was pretty quiet until she asked me to put on some music.
"What do you wanna listen to?" I laughed, scrolling through my Spotify library.

"Whatever you like, darling" She said, "well, I listen to a lot of different artists, sooo.."
"Just put on a playlist then" She demanded, waving her hand and rolling her eyes. Her pretty smile made me grin as I put on my playlist.

The first song being "better of dead" - sleeping with sirens, made me mentally kick myself. Great, why not just shout out that I'm suicidal??

She says she wants to end it all when she's all alone in her room
She cries
The way she feels inside is too much for her
When all you got is these four walls
It's not that hard to feel so small
Or even exist at all
How come no one heard her when she said..

"So, I assume that this is the music Alex talked about when he called you Emo" She chuckled nervously, I glanced over at her seeing tears form in her eyes. Fuck....

"Cate.. yeah I guess so, I'm not emo though, I listen to that kind of music, but I'm not emo. But he doesn't know how alt subcultures work I guess." I rambled while changing songs.

Dead inside - younger hunger no..
Don't try suicide - Queen noo..
Cute without an E - Taking back Sunday seriously??
What the hell happened - ked
My immortal -  evanescence
Sarcasm - get scared
I'm not okay ( I promise) - My chemical romance

"Having trouble huh?" She laughed, seeing my panic grow for every new song. "Oh, yeah, I don't want you to more worried just because of my music taste" I giggled and shifted uncomfortably in my seat.
"I won't honey, but why don't you put on something more, cheerful?"

"Girls" by Girl in red, started playing, I quietly sang along to the words.
I caught Cate smile at me before focusing on the road again.

***
"Here" She stated and we got out of her car. "I love your house" I said, mesmerised by the big building infront of me. "Oh honey, come on now" She opened the door and led me in. That place felt more like home than any other house I'd been inside.

"Okay, why don't we take a glass of wine and talk a bit?" She proposed and let her jacket fall off her shoulders. Her white blouse showing her apparently red bra. "Is that the one you wore when we fucked the first time?" I said, confidence suddenly appearing.

"It might be" She teased and gave me a wink.

We sat down on her couch with our glasses, I stared at her, with a small smile on my lips. "What is it?" She asked, cocking a brow.

"You're, so, goddamn beautiful" I leaned in and kissed her plump lips, tasting some of the wine on them.
"And you're gorgeous, sweetheart"
She pulled back and I switched my position to a more comfortable one.

"Tell me more about yourself, please. Like, you're from Sweden, right? Talk about that" She said excited with lust-filled eyes.

"Sure, what do you wanna know?" I chuckled. "Anything... how do you say "I love you" in swedish?" I giggled before saying, "Jag älskar dig"
"Okay that's hard, I won't be able to say that already" She laughed while sipping on her wine.

"Can't you present yourself in Swedish? That would be fun, let me guess what you're saying" She rambled. I scoffed slightly before starting.

"Hej, jag heter Hanna och är 18 år. Min favoritfärg är svart och lila. Mina favoritband är Fleetwood Mac, Mother Mother och My Chemical Romance." I spoke before letting out a laugh.

"This is harder than I thought, okay. You're name's Hanna, favourite.. colour?" I nodded. "Purple, and I don't know"
"Black" I informed.
"Favorite band, I understood the names, teach me more please"

I really enjoyed seeing Cate so excited, like a child. I was only talking another language. "Du är väldigt fin, Cate"
"I have no idea what that was" She laughed as she now finished what was left in the glass. "You're really pretty, Cate" I smiled before hugging her.

"When did you move here?" She asked curiously.

"When I was 10 I think, it was one of the scariest things I've ever done" I chuckled. Her eyes suddenly held sadness, and apparently she saw my confusion and explained. Kind of.

"When did you start cutting?" She sniffed.

"When I was 12"

"You've been feeling like this since you were 12?"

I nodded, she pulled me in, hugging me like we hadn't seen each other in weeks. "I love you Hanna"
"I know" I mumbled sarcastically. "Now, we will eat dinner together, I'll help you as much as you want me to"
I nodded and she wiped her tears.

***

"Did you like the pizza?" Cate asked while rubbing my back. "Mhm, yeah it was good" A couple tears rolled down my face but I tried to look like it didn't bother me.

"Come here and cuddle with me" She exclaimed, reaching for my body.

"Can't we cuddle in bed instead?" I murmured. Standing up, I took her hand and we made our way to the bedroom.

With her arms wrapped around me and my head resting on her chest, we both fell asleep. And I had never felt so safe before.

___________

A/n
I'll probably update on Sundays from now on, if I'm able to I'll post more often, but no promises.

I also kinda hate this chapter, buuut whatever, it's an update ;)