} chapter 8 {

"Hey sweetie, why are you home?"
My mom asked while tapping on her computer. "I'm not feeling well, Ms Blanchett told me to go home and she fixed all of that" I say as I opened my bedroom door. "O-okay? Are you alright?" She asked with worry in her voice. "I'm fine mom, I just need some rest, love you"

***

After a few hours there was a knock on our door, my mom rushed to open it. "Hi Elle! What are you doing here?"
Fuck, no no no, not Elle.

"Hi Mrs Riddle, I saw Hanna leave school earlier and I wanted to check on her" her sweet intoxicating voice made me sick, but also sad, as memories flushed back at me.

"Oh how nice of you, she's in her room, I'll go upstairs"
My mother knew that we had dated, and she probably thought we wanted each other back, which I did not.

I heard my door open slightly.
"Hi Hanna, how are you?" Elle walked through my room and sat herself down on my bed. "What the fuck are you doing here Elle?" She scoffed at me, and I saw a devilish smirk form on her face.

"I'm here because I know that you. want. me. back." Her index finger drew shapes on my leg.
"Why the fuck would I-" she gripped my throat and put a finger over my mouth. "You better stop using that harsh language, baby, or I'll make sure that you'll regret it"

Her whispers made me shiver, "Stop it Elle, I don't want you back" She pulled me up so I sat right before her.
"Yes! You do! You still love me, and I love you!" She leaned in and tried to kiss me, but I jerked my head to the side. "Elle, stop it, I don't-"

"Why? Because you're fucking your teacher?" She nearly screamed.
"Keep your voice down!" I whispered and gripped her arm which was shaking it's way up to my back.
"You literally rather fuck that, what? 40 year old, than me?" She was furious, and I couldn't help but get a bit frightened.

"It's not that I don't want to fuck you, it-"

"So you want to fuck me, don't you?"
A wicked grin growing back in her beautiful but crazy face.

"That's not what I meant, I don't want to fuck you Elle. And Ms Blanchett cares for me"

"Are you saying that I didn't care for you?!"

That statement made me think a bit, but the way she talked do me, it made me just as angry as she was.

"Oh shut up! You didn't care for me.
You just liked the idea of me, liked to be with me, but not me!"

Her eyebrows knitted together and she rushed out off my room and my house. My mom came rushing down the stairs. "Is everything alright? Where's Elle?"
"It's fine mom, we just had an argument okay?" She nodded and closed the door behind her.

All I could do was cry, I missed Cate, I hated Elle, and I simply didn't want to live anymore. But I couldn't kill myself, Cate wouldn't forgive herself for sending me home while I was in the state of mind.

Then I remembered that I got her number, I could text her, but what if she think it's weird, no, she gave me her number for God's sake.

I grabbed my phone, and with shaky hands I typed in her number.
The nervous feeling washed over my body again as I typed the message.

Me: Hey, it's me, Hanna. I just felt like texting you, hope it's fine? I kind of miss you, are you sure that I should stay home for so long? I at least wanna try to be in school.

I almost typed a x after, but quickly remembered that it would've been awkward and honestly quite wrong, if you will.

Cate: Hey Hanna, I understand, you can try to come back if you truly want it, it's an distraction, I suppose. We can talk a bit after our class tomorrow?

Me: Yes, thank you, see u then.

***

"Are you already going back to school?" My mom asked me whilst I tried to eat. "Yeah, I felt better after resting yesterday"
"Oh okay, take it easy though, I don't want you to catch a cold or something" I smiled at her and got ready for school.

I wore a black flannel with a pair of dark blue jeans. I also had to walk to school, but again, I didn't mind.

***

"¡Buenas diaz! ¿Cómo estás?"
My Spanish teacher walked past me, I got snapped back to reality and stuttered out a "Estoy bien professora"

After P.E I finally hade english, I had been longing for Cate's touch, I needed her, more than what I should've. I was a bit early, but I sat down in the front, and Anna came up to me after just a minute.

"Hi, where were you yesterday? I saw you here than I-" she stopped as she saw how I slowly got anxious.
"Oh, sorry it's personal, I get it" she smiled and walked back to her seat.

"Hi class, you all know what to do, so begin!" The blonde teacher sat down and did some work on her computer.
I looked up for a minute to admire her a bit; today she wore a more casual outfit, a purple long sleeve with black jeans. And her low black boots matched it perfectly.

I was going to look at her beautiful hair, when I accidentally met her gaze. Her icey blue eyes gazed at me, and Oh I could stare at them for eternity.

***

After class she grabbed my arm, "Can you stay behind please?" She said sternly. I nodded and she closed the door.

"Are you feeling alright? Do you need help with anything?" She looked worried, which made the angry feeling in me return. Why does she feel so bad for me?

"I'm f...good" don't say fine, she'll not believe your lie then, come on get your shit together.

"Hanna, please talk to me"

"Really, it's okay, I pro-"
She cut me off with a hug, and her soft hand stroke carefully over my brown hair. "You said that you would talk to me, please, I told you. I don't want to lose you, you're very important to me, believe it or not"

I was? She really meant what she said yesterday? No, could she be that protective over a student?

"Honey, you have no idea how much I.." she stopped, I gazed at her in confusion. "You what?" I asked in a low voice. "Nothing" she let out an awkward laugh. "I can't, it wouldn't be right to, I.. uhm" she got stressed, I saw her fidgeting with her fingers and looking around the room.

"I bet this isn't right either, but it doesn't feel too wrong, right?" I asked as I leaned in to kiss her. She grabbed my waist and pulled me closer...

_______

Sorry for the cliffhanger, but I hope you liked the chapter <3