Kabanata 46

KABANATA 46

LEON WOULDN’T have done this if not for Keith saying that he’s prepared for their separation to happen. He would have held him tight if he wasn’t hurt by Keith’s words—and this was not the first time. The thing is, he made him regret his decision again. Keith really is just type of person, isn’t he? Leon felt miserable, he didn’t want to let go. But he was mad, his emotions drove his mind and affected his way of thinking. He was one to blame, but he refuses to place all the burden on his shoulders.

If Keith only told him that he would hold him tight despite what might happen on the future, Leon would have stayed. But he was provoked. He was also pushed and encouraged by his ego—do something to hurt Keith! It said. It was an evil and unfair thought, but look at where it brought him right now.

It’s not just his fault. Keith took part in it.

Six months later after he cut ties with Keith, a lot of things happened. None of them were of his expectation. Several weeks after he stopped hanging out with the older male, his clinic inside SM disappeared and he only heard news that his clinic at Angeles was finally finished. Hence, explains the reason they moved to their main site now. However, he saw no trace of Keith after that.

Fate is playful.

Ilang buwan matapos na mawala ni Keith sa buhay niya, inaya siya ni Elisa na pumunta sa eye clinic nito. Nanlalabo na raw ang mga mata ng girlfriend niya at mas gusto raw nito ang gumamit ng contact lenses. It was her personal choice, and it was not like Leon really wanted to meddle with her affairs, hence; he let her do what she wants. Isinama siya nito sa klinika na sinasabi at laking gulat niya noong malamang kina Keith nito gustong magpa-check up ng mata.

At first, he was surprised. He never really expected the way Keith’s clinic turned out. It was bigger than what he had expected and it wasn’t just plain looking. He doesn’t know a better word to describe Keith’s clinic but it threw his shit out. Whoever the architect is did a great job. And oh yeah, Joana too.

However, he did not catch a glimpse of Keith while they were there. Hindi niya rin naman sinubukang hanapin ang binata. Tamang pasilip silip lang sa suluk-sulok, umaasang kahit paano magkakaroon siya ng balita sa kalagayan nito. Makapal ang mukha niya kung pakikinggan siya ngayon pero sa hinaba-haba ng panahon, gusto ni Leon na makitang mabuti ang kalagayan ng binata. Kahit pa na hindi naging maganda ang pagtatapos nilang dalawa. Iyon lang, nadismaya siya na wala siyang balita mula rito. Kahit pa na hindi ganoon kalakihan ang klinika, ni anino man lang ng binata e hindi niya nakita. And that made him want to just get outside since at some point, he thought that Keith must be aware of his existence and decided to hide from him.

It was a painful thought, but where is the lie? It could happen. It must have happened.

Wala rin naman siyang karapatan na magreklamo. Lalo na, sa kanya mismo nanggaling ang pagtatapos ng kung anumang namamagitan sa kanilang dalawa noon. Leon, after he gave a lot of thought about leaving Keith when he found out that the other male was prepared anyway, felt dread washing over his whole existence; and to avoid plunging deep to whatever chasm he was about to be thrown to, decided to date Elisa instead of prolonging what he and Keith had in their hands.

Iyon din naman ang inaasahan ni Keith kaya bakit siya magsasayang ng effort para sabihing ayaw niya itong iwan noon? Pero ito siya ngayon, parang ganoon din ang sitwasyon dahil iba pa rin talaga kung si Keith ang kasama niya. Hindi makatarungan na ganito ang nararamdaman niya sa kabila ng si Keith mismo ang nagbigay alam sa kanyang ganoon ang inaasahan nitong kahahantungan nilang dalawa.

Going back to the six months since he last caught a glimpse of the man who taught him that it was okay to fall in love with the same gender, he still has no news about him until now. He cannot even bring himself to ask his older brother since he knew that they are close friends. Leon was also averting the topic whenever Keith's name is brought up. So it was all his fault for not knowing a thing or two about the older male right now.