"Yoongi, wait. I have to tell you something."

"All right."

And so Tae recounted everything about the night of the accident. How he was supposed to be there. How he could have prevented the accident. How he could have kept two innocent people from getting hurt.

Yoongi listened, a small part of his brain wondering why Taehyung was bringing it up to him at this moment.

But he listened and when his friend was finished, he replied back with "okay".

"Wha?" Taehyung pouted. "I told you all of that and all you say is okay?"

"I mean, do I wish you had told me sooner? Yes. But A,it's already been settled and B, if that accident hadn't happened, we wouldn't have met this lawyer helping us break our contract. So it worked out in our favor."

"You're breaking the contract? Since when?"

"We decided a while back."

"I can't believe this. No one ever tells me anything."

"Yeah, well. If you'd been around instead of hiding in your unnecessary guilt, I would have told you." Yoongi smirked. "By the way, Kook asked Mina out."

"You're kidding me."

"I would never joke about that."

"I'm calling him. And then I'm coming back and you're telling me everything else I've been missing out on."

Yoongi chuckled as he watched him go. "That should keep him busy for a while."

He stretched and decided to go get some coffee for everyone. It had been a long night. You'd been here pretty much since the workday was over.

As he made his way towards the room Jimin's father was in, he heard a commotion.

Flatlining?

No, he must have heard that wrong. There was no way it would happen now. Would it?

Even as he had the thought, he saw two nurses leaving the room, somber expressions on their faces.

"Damn it," he hissed as he looked for somewhere to set down the coffees. Your parents passed by him, your mother was blowing her nose into a handkerchief, your father guiding her with a hand on the small of her back.

It was only a moment later that you trudged out as well blindly looking around until your gaze fell on him. Yoongi made his way over to you.

"Are you all right?"

Instead of responding, you simply buried your face in his shirt. Yoongi slowly patted your head. He wasn't sure what to say in this situation, so he let you cry. You stayed like that for a few minutes until he saw the doctor exit the room as well.

He gently pulled you off of him and sat you down nearby. "Wait here, okay?"

You said nothing but nodded to show you'd heard him.

Yoongi retrieved the coffees and walked them into the hospital room.

Inside, Mrs. Park was sobbing openly, her head being in her hands doing very little to conceal that fact. Jimin turned as he heard Yoongi knock. 

"I brought you some coffee," he said as he held out the tray. "Sorry for your loss." 

Jimin offered him a half-smile in return before taking two cups and walking one over to his mother. "Mom, here. You should drink something."

She slowly grasped the cup in her shaky hands, Jimin helping steady her movements. Yoongi quietly back out of the room, not wanting to intrude on their grief.

When he returned to the hallway, your parents had also joined you and you were all crying together. Yoongi offered them each coffee as well, which they silently accepted. 

You took yours with a small thank you but merely held it in your hands, savoring the warmth from the cup. 

Yoongi removed the last one from the tray and sat down next to you, gently rubbing his hand along your back. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay," you mustered after a minute. "It's not like we didn't know. But he was fine a few minutes ago. The doctor said he might make it through the night. And now..." you trailed off, staring into the coffee.

He nodded his understanding. "Hey, come here for a minute."

Without waiting for you to respond, he was already walking back towards the lobby. You followed quickly and Yoongi managed to locate the magazine he'd been looking at before. He flipped through it for a second.

"Recognize anyone?" he asked as he turned the magazine back to you. You stared in surprise as you realized the model on the page was none other than Taehyung, wearing a long open cardigan, hair slicked back, and holding an obviously fake rose in between his teeth as he tried to look sexy.

The sight was enough to make you stifle a laugh.

But then the sight of the real Taehyung rounding the corner and asking what was so funny made it even better. Yoongi wasted no time showing him what you were laughing at and he raised an eyebrow, clearly unamused.

"That ad campaign did very well, I'll have you know."

"Really? And what were you selling again?"

"Underwear," he muttered quietly.

You took another look at the picture and started laughing again. You hadn't even noticed Taehyung wasn't wearing pants. 

"I said I was taking more jobs, not that they were all good," Taehyung grumbled to himself. 

"No, I think this is great," Yoongi said as he pulled the magazine from his friend's reach. "We should print a copy and frame it."

"At the top of the stairs," you added.

"I thought you two were selling the house." 

"Then we'll leave it for the next person who buys it. A real work of art," Yoongi snickered. Taehyung let you tease him for another minute or so before finally snatching the magazine and stalking away with it firmly in his grasp.

Yoongi grinned. "On top of the stairs, that'd be hilarious. Almost makes me regret our divorce?"

"You're getting a divorce?"

You both turned around to see Jimin standing a few feet away, empty coffee cup in hand.

"Shit," you mumbled.