2.9 never enough

never enough

Kara sat alone in culture shock as she flicked through a magazine, taking a break from all of her thoughts that have been clouding her mind lately.

"Hey, Kara." Eldon greeted as he sat across form her.

"Hey." Kara smiled.

"How was your weekend?" Eldon asked.

"It was okay." Kara shrugged.

"That's good." Eldon nodded. "Um, listen, I heard about you and James, and, I'm sorry."

"It's okay. It's not your fault." Kara sighed as she was once again remembered what James did to her.

"I know Eldon's just trying to be nice, but, I really don't wanna talk about my break up with James."

"If Kara and James aren't together and can't make it, I dunno who can." Eldon said.

"Yeah, we're not exactly the ideal couple." Kara told him.

"Well, not anymore." Eldon corrected, causing Kara to look up from her magazine.

"Well, then, who is?" Kara asked, suddenly interested in what he had to say.

"Well, I guess, James and Beth now." Eldon told her. "Cause they went to that competition." He suddenly realised his mistake.

"What?" Kara gritted angrily.

"No, no, no, no." Eldon shook his head.

"He went to the competition?" Kara asked.

"No, no, no, no, no, no." Eldon said once again. "It's a rumour. It's a rumour. I heard a rumour."

"A rumour." Kara laughed. "Yeah?"

"And now I'm realising.." Eldon trailed off.

"I can't believe after everything that happened, James actually went to the duet competition with Beth."

"It's just.. don't worry, it's ok." Eldon stood from his chair, trying to get away from her but in the process bumped into Michelle.

"Hey." Michelle smiled.

"Hey." Eldon replied and then ran off.

"What was that about?" Michelle asked Kara but she couldn't answer through her anger and stormed off.

———

"Hey, guys. Guess what?" Kate called out as she walked into the studio. "Come, closer. Come on, closer, closer. I just wanted to let you know that James and Beth placed second in their competition this weekend."

"Nice." Eldon nodded. Kara rolled her eyes as everyone began to clap.

"I can't even look at James right now. How could he betray me again?"

"Exciting, right?" Kate asked. "Anyway, just wanted to let you know. You guys should get warmed up, all right?" Kara went to turn around. "Uh, Kara? James? Can you head into my office? I'd like to talk to you, please."