-Twenty-Six-

(Billie's pov)
"No, Delilah give me that, that's for mommy. Leo baby go put this on the table for me buddy."

It was Aleah's birthday today and I was at home trying to get everything ready. Though it was hard doing so with a hyper little boy and a teething little girl.

She was at work even though I tried to get her to stay home she insisted she go.

She's probably the only woman I know who wants to work while pregnant.

I knew she didn't want a big party so I just did something small. A few decorations, a small cake, just simple things.

"Momma what are we doing?"

"We are planning a small little party for mommy for her birthday."

"What's a birthday?"

"Uhh it's when you celebrate the day you were born, and you do it every year. Like mommy was born on the 24th of October, so we celebrate that because we love her and we're happy that she was born."

"Do I have a birthday?"

"Yeah you're birthday is every year on the 6th of November. Can you tell me how far away that is?"

He counted the numbers on his fingers as I smiled.
"13 days!"

"Yeah, great job buddy. In thirteen days and you'll be three years old."

It was weird saying it out loud. Because Leo was so advanced for his age it seemed more like he should be turning five rather than three.

I got Leo and Delilah dressed as it was almost time for Aleah to get off work. I told Leo what to do as I set Delilah in her playpen.

The set up for the house was a banner across the foyer saying happy birthday, a 27 balloon along with some other balloons on the side.

I heard her car outside and got ready to surprise her.

(Aleah's pov)
I sighed heavily as I grabbed my things out of car. I had way too many "happy birthdays" for one day. But I knew I had one more waiting for me in my house.

Though it was nothing like I was expecting.

When I came through the door Leo came running up to me with a card screaming happy birthday.

The sight brought a smile to my face as I picked him up.

"Happy birthday mommy!"

"Oh thank you buddy. Look at you in your little overalls, what is this?"

"Is a card. I made it for chu. Look it."

He handed me the card he made as I opened it and instantly smiled.

"This is so nice baby. Thank you so much. Where's momma?"

He then pulled a note out of his pocket and handed it to me. I knew exactly what was going on immediately.

A scavenger hunt.

I laughed to myself quietly. Of course, Billie did the same for my last birthday. It's one of my favorite things.

I followed the scavenger hunt throughout the entire house, finally ending up in the backyard with Leo at my side and Delilah on my hip.

Billie stood in our backyard with a bright smile, holding a bouquet of tulips and roses.

Beside her was the flower patch that I kind of forgotten about. Though now it is wasn't just a patch, it was an entire garden. Full of all types of Lilies. I lightly gasped as I was speechless.