I sighed out at his comment joining my legs to stand with a small sip from the pink water bottle beside my bag, after what my dad had told me last night this was technically my only chance.. I was old enough to make my own decisions but he was my father! Out of respect I couldn't exactly stand there and ignore him!

"No there won't!"

"W- Yes .. mama there will? What are you talking about!"

Sam chased as I turned back to check my makeup in one of the makeshift dressing stations dotted around the cramped space, my tight black shorts and long sleeved black leotard not nearly as fancy as half of the other outfits worn around me.. I was a joke..

"My dad told me if this audition doesn't work out.. I'm done!"

I spoke defeatedly

"But- He can't do that? It's your life mama?"

"My life that he gave me as he loves to point out! I live in his house Sam? I can't ignore him..."

I watched his face wallow into disappointment as we'd always been majorly excited about dance together no matter what, my dad was ok with it when it was a hobby but now I wanted to make it my career he'd done nothing but try to stop me.. Landing a place at The Jauregui Arts Foundation would mean everything! You move into the esteemed Jauregui campus and train with professionals daily while being paid on a weekly basis JUST to be contracted under Jauregui's name.. it was a dream of many.. a dream of mine!

"Yes you can! Mama he doesn't understand yet but he will! When you start appearing on stages around the world.. earning enough money to buy big houses and fancy cars? He will get it! You can't just let him stop you!"

"NUMBERS 1-15 YOU'RE UP!"

I heard a loud man call, the voice sending a painful anxious twinge into my stomach as I knew I'd be in the group right after, my number being 20.. the group filtered out with high chins and dainty placed arms, my eyes painted over their bodies as they disappear through the large black door.. I almost felt as if I couldn't breathe..

"Whatever happens in there please promise me you will never give up! I know it's dumb but I really want this for you Camila? You deserve it!"

"I'm just scared.. I need this! Everyone else they just- just look so good already?"

I sighed lowering my chin

"You are just as good if not better! Now stand up tall and prove it!"

He scold promisingly filling me with a moment of confidence as I cracked a small smile to turn back into the mirror, long curly brown hair sitting at my hips the only thing I could focus on as my eyes rolled over each pattern of wave.. if this Jauregui woman was as scary as I'd researched I was more than sure to be a babbling mess in no time.. my social fear of being spoken to directly a major worry as I swallowed back on my anxiety

Around 30 minutes had passed and the clicking of the door beside us sounded with an alarming twang, the music from the other side so loud I could barely hear my thoughts but as the 15 strolled through with now low chins and expressionless gazes I felt more than overwhelmed by the thought of what could have possibly rendered them so defeated.. her I'm guessing!

"NUMBERS 16-30 LET'S MOVE!"

My heart almost stopped as that sentence flew from the man's mouth, my brain pausing but my arm aching as Sam dragged me from the floor to stand.. his eyes met mine with moving lips talking but unheard all thanks to my pounding anxiety drumming against my ears like a marching band, all bodies moving around me walking to line against the door I was sure I had to be a part of