fairytale proposal (2)

Bắt đầu từ đầu

I hugged them all tightly. "You're squooshing me," Claire and Madi mumbled.

Josh's POV

Today was it.

I'm marrying Liv, the love of my life.

I mean, I'm sure I love her.

Oh no, what if it's like in one of those movies where the bride ditches you and runs off with her secret affair?

Nah, that wouldn't happen.

I'm not so sure.

"Stop worrying, son," my dad said.  "You love her, she loves you."

"Bro, we know you two were meant to be together," Matt said.

I took a deep breath and straightened my bow tie. (I have absolutely no idea how to tie an actual tie.)

"You've got this," Joe said, slapping my shoulder.

Later, at the wedding venue, I stood at the end of the aisle, waiting for Liv.

We weren't having a really grand party, just our closest family and friends.

When she walked down the aisle with her dad, I could see some people in the seats about to tear up. I could possibly feel my eyes getting wet. She just looked so...beautiful. Not that she isn't normally beautiful, she always is.

Her dad gave her away, and the dude read the things from the book. I still don't know what it's called. The wedding vows?

"Welcome to the wedding of Joshua Taylor Bassett and Olivia Isabel Rodrigo. A toast!" the dude (I don't know what he's called) exclaimed.

"Huzzah!" everyone shouted, lifting their glasses.

"We will invite the best man up here to say some words," the dude said, stepping down. Matt came up.

"These two guys are my best friends, and they were...meant to be together. Nothing can keep them apart, and that's all I have to say."

He handed the mic to my dad. "I just want to say...I wish you two a very happy life together, and keep us posted!"

The guests laughed.

"Now it's time for the wedding speeches from the bride and groom," the minister said. (Ah, that's what he's called!)

"I don't have much to say, which is a difference," Olivia said, smiling and tears brimming in her eyes. I could tell these weren't from sadness, they were from pure joy and happiness. The guests chuckled. "All I can say is, today I'm marrying my best friend and the love of my life. I can't wait to spend the next chapter of my life with you, and as to quote Titanic, I'll never let you go."

"Olivia, I love you too. More than you could possibly know. Over the past few years of being together, I know we've had our highs and lows, our ups and downs. There were fights, breakups, drama, LOTS of drama. But somehow, we always found our way back to each other. I'll take it as a sign that the universe thinks we were meant to be, and it's fate. I promise to love you till the day we die, and we'll grow up and grow old together."

"Do you, Joshua Taylor Bassett, take Olivia-"

"I do," I smiled.

"Do you, Olivia Isabel Rodrigo, take Joshua-"

"I do," she beamed. 

"I now pronounce you husband and wife!  You may kiss the bride!"

We leaned in for a passionate kiss as I swung her around.

After that, it was dancing and meeting with the guests. 

I saw Sabrina and Ethan in the crowd. I went over to them.

"No bad blood between us?" I asked Ethan.

"Naw, that's all in the past," he said, waving it off. "Take care of her, man."

I patted them both on the back and went to hug Sabrina. "I'm happy for you," she said.

There was something I had to ask her about. I whispered something in her ear, and she laughed as she went over to the music player.

I sent her a thumbs-up across the room and went to join Olivia. She grinned as she pressed play.

"I've been waiting for a day like this to come, struck like lightning, my heart's beating like a drum, on the edge of something wonderful..."

I could see Olivia gasp in surprise. I held out my hand to her.

"Ready to take on the world?" I grinned at her.

"As long as I've got you to live it with me," she said, taking my hand and leading me onto the dance floor.

I pressed a quick kiss to her lips as we danced to "Take on the World."

Life had never been better.

I have absolutely no idea what happens at a traditional wedding since my cousin got married in a restaurant five years ago.

It may be fluffy for now, but prepare yourselves for angst in the future. LOTS OF IT.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to kill off a character?