"You wanna eat the cupcake?" she asked.

"Maybe later. Say you want to hang out on the patio? It's nice outside." I said.

"It's midnight. Don't you want to go to bed?" she asked.

"I know, I know. Just for a little while." I insisted.

"Okay. Let's go." she agreed. I smiled.

"You go on out. I'm right behind you."

She nodded and went towards the patio. I turned around and opened the fridge, looking for something I had hidden away in the back. My breath quickened suddenly feeling nervous.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I entered the patio to see Ava looking up at the stars. She was smiling, her face glowed as the moonlight shone on her.

"You were right. It's really beautiful out here," she said sensing my presence. I walked to stand beside her.

"You remember the first time we looked at the stars together?" I asked.

She blushed and nodded. "You were glowing in the moonlight just like now and I had vowed to never let go of you at that moment."

She looked back at me with surprise. "But I failed that vow when I had to send you away. I kept hurting you but you pushed back at me. You said I gave you the gift of my love but Tesoro I cannot begin to describe the utmost happiness and blessings you brought my way when you came into my life. You have become the very reason for my existence. I don't know what I would've done without you either and I don't want to even think about that. You showed me kindness in taking me back and loving me."

"It wasn't kindness Amadeo. It was the love I felt for you even without knowing," she said with her eyes watering.

"In a way, I'm grateful to your brother. I found the loves of my life because of him. I now have you and a wonderful baby boy. Even if you hadn't taken me back, I would've lingered anyway. Because I'm selfish. I will always be selfish when it comes to you. And perhaps I'm even more selfish when I'm asking this." I bring forth the chocolate cupcake frosted with chocolate ganache and atop it rests a blue sapphire ring. She gasped as I bent down to one knee. "Will you give me the precious gift of your love and let me spend the rest of my life with you? Will you marry me?"

She let out a sob as she bent down on her knees and hugged me, kissing me all over my face. She buried her face in my neck as she shook.

"Is that a yes?" I dared to ask her.

"Of course it is. Yes! Yes! Thousand times yes." she said, wiping her tears. I took the ring and put it on her finger. I embraced her as I whispered I love you in her ear.

"I love you too," she said.

"You did it dada!" said Alex standing at the door. Ava turned in shock to see him.

"Alex?"

"Yay, you did it dada. Mama is happy!" he said running to us.

"Bubba, what are you doing up?" she asked.

"Well, I asked for Alex's permission to marry his Mama and guess what little man said yes! But only on the condition that he is a part of it," I said. Ava smiled.

"You were waiting outside the door listening to us, baby?" she asked. Alex nodded.

"Uh-huh. Is Mama happy?" he asked.

"So happy baby. Look at the ring dada gave me," she said showing him. His little eyes widened.

"Wow. It's bue!" it was his way of saying 'blue'.