Chapter 13 The Day Of Promise

We ended up in the middle of nowhere. No, it isn't anywhere. It was something similar. It seems like a portal.

"Where are we?", I asked with curiosity. Though it felt like a portal. The place was filled with purple and orange flames as if going to burn me alive. The winds in here were so fast.

"In the middle of the portal but I want to talk to you about something...", Dec said with an upset look.

What is so important that he wants to talk about and also in the middle of this portal. Is he strong enough to hold in the middle of the portal?

"See, we don't know what you are and who you are but I know that you are my friend and I wanna tell you something about my past.", he said with damn sincerity. Ok, this has to be something serious. I nodded.

"Our bloodline is cursed.", he said in a low voice as if he was ashamed. I nodded. After a pause he said.

"The curse is that we can't have mates. And also if we plan to have one they will be killed.", he said and paused and it seemed like he didn't want to continue. I placed a hand on his shoulder and rubbed.

"Then?", I asked, raising my brows and assuring him that he can tell anything to me.

"They will be killed by phoenix. I didn't mean to blame you but this whole curse crap, in between of it I don't want to break our friendship.", He completed. But his words crunched my heart. And now I pray to the angel that I won't be the phoenix. At least I don't want to kill his love of life. I felt tears forming in my eyes. Oh god! I am able to feel his pain. I don't want to be the phoenix at least I don't want to be the part of this crap.

"Don't think much about it anyways just wanted that you know. Umm....there's one more thing I need to tell you .", he said and I nodded. Oh god! If I am Phoenix I am gonna kill his mate. No! I don't want to. He is being so nice to me and I just killed his mate. No this can't-

"Maril!", Dec said, squeezing my hand. I blinked my eyes a couple of times to get again back to reality.

"Dec, I am really sorry. I didn't knew that it was like this. And you are just so nice to me and I am being a stupid vampire. I am really sorry...", i said falling on my knees. Tears rolling down my cheeks. What's happening why am I feeling the pain? I don't know. But I really have hurt him and i am able to digest that thought.

"Shh...", he said kneeling down on his knees and his hand rubbing back and forth on my back. I want near him and just hugged him tight. "I am really sorry...", i said with more tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Shh...that's not important. Important is that we keep our friendship the way it is.", he said. I pulled away.

"But..", i said but before I could complete my sentence. He spoke up, "I told you that it isn't important. I just want our friendship.", he said with a small smile. I tried to put a small smile but I wasn't able to. He told that something's more he wanna tell me.

"Stand up, girl. Come on.", he said helping me stand back on my heels.

"You were going to tell me something more.", i demanded. He nodded. "Yes", he said.

"So phoenix, they have a natural tendency of killing. They love to kill and once they feel they can't get enough from this killing they kill themselves. They kill in order to feel pain, more pain, more fun for them and at last killing themselves and that gives them ultimate pain. I don't want you to die at any cost.", he said and paused and looked straight in my eyes. Our eyes got locked and he again started speaking.

"But there's a certain time after which they kill themselves and it is when their purpose they were born for is complete. But...I don't want to lose you.", he completed. Oh sweet angel! Why is he so nice to me? I just hurt him and he plays the nice guy.