Nico

I can't express how annoyed I am that Alec is so close to Lilith. His hand is on her lower back while she's making a cake. Why does he always get so close to her?

"Me and Danni came here 2 weeks ago. The bakery lady is nice. We should come here more often." Rachel says folding up a napkin into a paper plane. We really should come here more often. It will give me the chance to get to know Lilith better.

"Maybe we should Rach, but I don't want you eating too much sugar," I tell her with a smile.

A waiter walks up to us with the Lemon cupcakes in their hands. Rachel watches wide-eyed as they set them down on the table. "Wow, these look yummy." She pulls out her phone and takes a picture.

"Only eat two and save the rest for later," I tell Rachel white patting her head.

"Okay, dad."

Lilith walks over to us with a smile. "How do you two like the cupcakes?" She asks Rachel and I, as Rachel stuffs her face.

Rachel looks up at her and smiles. "Delicious."

"I'm glad you like it, Rachel. You can come by anytime for any cupcake you want to taste. If your dad allows it." She tilts her head towards me.

When our eyes connect my heart warms. I haven't had this feeling since my wife died. I never thought it would come back to me.

I want to keep this woman in my life. "I'll bring her by just for a peek at my favorite sweet." I smile and she blushes.

"Good! You two will become my two new favorite customers!

________________

Once Rachel finishes her cupcake I get up to leave. "You're leaving already?" Lilith says with a pout.

"Yes. We will be seeing each other again. I have to get to work today." I wink.

"I hope so." She winks back.

I grab Rachels's hand and walk out of the cafe.