Lilith

I wake up the next morning sick again. Why the hell did this have to start up again. When we got back Alec went to see his mother in the hospital. I let him take my car since he was in a rush. Then I went inside and watched movies for the rest of the night.

I hadn't gotten another text from Nico and I refuse to get upset over it. I can't believe we met again. I have to say I'm a very lucky person. When I decided to go to sleep I started feeling sick again. Maybe I have the flu.

I don't want to go to the doctor because I'm scared of what they might tell me. If I am pregnant it's from my one-night stand a few weeks ago and I don't think I'll be able to handle it. I always wanted to start a family with someone with who I've fallen in love with.

I run to the bathroom and let all the mucus out of my system. I hate having to taste throw-up every morning. Once I'm done I take my toothbrush and brush my teeth. Then I take a long shower to wash away the smell.

Once I finally get downstairs to eat breakfast my doorbell rings. I wonder who that could be. I wasn't expecting anyone. I walk to the door and answer it. Shelly is standing there with a large piece of paper.

"Shelly, what are you doing here?" I ask "I have bad news and good news! which one do you want first." Shelly says looking worried. "The good news?" It comes out as more of a question than an answer.

"Okay. We got two thousand dollars worth of money from orders today!" She says with a weary smile. "That's great! But what the bed new." She lets out a sigh and I get worried. "We got $2000 worth of orders from one customer and they want it by 2 pm." She says worriedly.

"What! That's not enough time to make everything they ordered."I say. I need to get to the bakery now. I grab my purse and my keys and Shelly and I walk out of the door.

I'm way too short-staffed to make all those orders. I have 5 workers plus myself. Shelly just broke her hips a month ago and isn't fully recovered. I'm going to have to cancel this order.

"We need to hurry Shelly. Can we take your car?" I ask. "Yes," She nods.

We get into the car and she drives off. It only took us 10 minutes to get here. I made sure to get my bakery close to my house.

I get out and Shelly taps me. "The customer is inside waiting at one of the tables." She says nervously. "Okay. I'll talk to them."

I walk into the cafe to find a little girl sitting at a table alone. I look around for her parents but don't see them. I walk over to her and she looks up at me.

"Hi. Where are your parents?" I ask. "My dad is out of town. My babysitter is in the bathroom." She says rocking her feet back and forth. "Mind if I wait right here?" I ask.

"Sure. I like your hair!" She says and I smile. "Thank you. I like your hair too." The little girl has long black wavy hair and dark green eyes. She reminds me of someone I know.

A beautiful woman walks out of the bathroom and walks over to us. She furrows her eyebrows at me and gives me a once-over.

She doesn't look impressed. Rude! "Who are you?" she asks sharply. "I work here. I need to cancel the order for $2000 worth of cakes." I say. "We can't have it done within the time you want it."

I tell her looking at the clock. The little girl frowns. "What do you mean you can't have it done?" The woman asks. "This is supposed to be the best bakery in town and you can't even make 225 cakes?" The woman says angrily.

What the hell do they need 225 cakes for? "I'm sorry ma'am but if you give us more time we can have them ready by 5," I say trying to get more time.

"5 won't work. My friend is going to be so sad." She says sadly and it breaks my heart. I wish I did have the magic to make her cakes."

"This is absurd." She pulls out her phone and calls someone. My coworker Nadia walks over to us with her brows furrowed. "Is there a problem here?" She asks.

The woman completely ignores her. "Hello, Yes the bakery says they can't provide 225 cakes for us." She pauses and Nadia rolls her eyes. "My boss would like to talk to you." She says with a smug smile. I hope her boss isn't some jerk who thinks I can bend time.

I take her phone and hold it up to my ear. "Hello?" I say.

"Yes. I've heard you are the best bakery in town and I need these cakes by that time." The guy sounds distressed. His voice is very familiar though. "Listen Mr-" I stop waiting for a name. "It's Nico." That's when it hit me. This man on the phone is the very same guy I've been waiting for a call from.

I shake off the irritating feeling. "Well Nico, I think you purposely ordered from my bakery just so you could call me." I lower my voice so the other 2 can't hear me.

"Well yes, it's the best bakery in town!" He says then he pauses. "Nico, it's Lilith." I breathe through the phone.

"Lilith, as in Carley's sister Lilith?" He asks "Yes." I say. I hear him chuckle on the other end. "I swear I didn't know this was your bakery." His husky voice gets lower on the phone.

"Well, you also didn't know I can't make that many cakes within the time limit." I sigh. "Well, how many can you make. This event is really important to my daughter." I stop and my face pales.

I look at the frowning girl. Of course, they look the same. Why did I have to meet her in my ugly bakery uniform? For some reason, I want to make a good impression on her. "I can get 100 cakes done by that time. That's all I'm able to do." I say and I can tell he's happy through the phone.

"Okay, that's fine. Hey sorry for not calling you. I've been busy helping with all the baby shower presents." He says. "It's fine! As long as you call." I tell him.

"Listen your baby sitter looks like she wants her phone back so I'll go," I tell him.

"Okay. Bye Lilith." I hand the phone back to the sitter. Then I bend down to the little girl. "I can't make 225 cakes sweetie, But I can make 100 pretty cakes and you get to design them." I smile.

She jumps out of her seat and her eyes go wide. "Really!" She smiles. "Yes. You can come up to the glass once I'm done and decorate the cake." She squeals. "Yess!"

I turn back to my coworker. "Let's get to work!" I walk into the kitchen and she follows behind me. "Listen up staff. We've got a personal request to make 100 cakes. So we need to get started now and finish at 2." I nod my head and everyone smiles.

"Yes ma'am," They all say before getting to work.