Chapter 56

Avery's pov:

Flashback:

"So he really said he would post-pone the wedding?" Emma looks at me in shock.

"Yes. I think after he saw the scars he freaked." I tell Emma.

"Do you still want to get out of her Emma?" I look at her hopeful.

"More than anything. I don't want to raise my baby like this."

"Well.... I think I have the perfect plan." I smile at her.

"What is it?!" She looks excited.

"Well since Liam broke the wedding off and he hopes I actually fall in love with him, I will. I will start to pretend that I am falling in love with him. I'll tell him I want to get married. That I really want to be with him. A little bit before the wedding, when I have his trust I will begin to get antsy. Tell him I am ready to have the wedding now. That I don't want to wait and that I just want it to be us two. We will go to the court house to get "married" and that is when I will tell everyone that he kidnapped me. He will get caught and he will have no time to warn everyone else and then they will find you and Liz. It is the perfect plan. It is going to be hard to pretend to be in love with him, but I need to get out of here. Do you think it'll work?!" Now hearing the plan out loud made me a bit nervous.

"I think it is a great idea Avery. I hope it works. I am willing to try anything though. I can't be here anymore." She smiles at me.

"Perfect! I don't know how long it will take to put the plan in action, but it will be worth it. Whenever the time is."

End of flashback

"So let me get this straight." Liam looked at me still confused.

"You want to tell them that we went ourselves and killed Chase but then we will actually just go to the court house instead and get married?" He was still thinking over the idea.

"Yes it will work perfect. Then we will move away tomorrow night. So Chase will have no idea where we are. We can still have our big fancy wedding, we will just already be married. No one has to know. Please. I can't risk loosing you." The words felt like nails on a chalk board.

I hated lying like this. It felt so wrong to say those words.

"I don't know Av.... I don't know if would work. I think we might be better of if he's.. you know. And the court house... you know what if they recognize you. What if they say something. What if you..." He looks at me with a sad face.

I couldn't bear the thought of loosing Chase. They couldn't kill him. He still didn't trust me though. Not fully at least.

"I'll think about it Av. Okay?" He took my hands and squeezed them together. He gave me a small kiss on the forehead.

No! That wasn't how this was supposed to work! He was supposed to say yes! I can't go on like this anymore.

"I just can't bear the thought of loosing you.... what about if we want to have kids together... we can't if you're in prison." I look at him with a sad look.

I force myself to cry. I know this will get him.

He hasn't shut up about wanting to start a family. This will set him over the edge.

Liam let's out a sigh.

"God you're so right. Ok. We will go to the court house tomorrow, it's settled!"

I let out a squeal of happiness. Liam picks me up and spins me around.

"I love you more than anything Avery. You're mine forever." He kisses my lips.

"I love you too." I smile at him.

My plan was going to work. We just needed to get to that court house. I was going to be free in a matter of hours. I could barely contain my excitement.

I let out a small yawn.
"What time is it?"
"It's 9:30, you sleepy?" Liam smiles at me.

"Yeah I am a little. I think I'm going to get ready for bed."

"Ok, I'll be up soon to-."

He stopped talking as soon as he heard his phone go off.

"Who is-?"
I'm stopped by Liam. He puts a hand over my mouth.

"Shh it's okay Av." He looks panicked.

"Please promise me you won't say a word. Be good okay?" He looked at me with puppy dog eyes.

I felt like a dog. I give him a panicked nod. He spins me around so his hand is still covering my mouth and his elbow is pinned to my chest. He pulls out the phone to answer it. It's from the anonymous number.

"Hello." Liam's voice changed from panicked to confident.

Liam's pov:
"Hello?"
"It's been you. YOU! All along hasn't it! You sick fucking creep!" Chase screams into the phone.
"What the hell are you talking about?" I say in a confused tone.

"I can't believe I didn't catch on sooner. I did some digging. You don't even live in California anymore. I went to your old apartment. Then that one time I heard a girl when we were talking on the phone. It was Avery all along. When you texted me on our anniversary. You knew all along. When you told me I should stop looking for Avery. That was why. All the bread crumbs have been left in front of me all along, but I was never able to put them together until now." His voice his filled with rage.

"Do you hear yourself? You sound insane. Why would I ever take her? I only met her a few times. I barley knew her. I know you miss her but I really think you should get some help." I try to convince him.

"YOU LIAR! I KNOW YOU TOOK AVERY!" He screams into the phone.

"MHMMMMMMM" Avery screamed through my hand.

That fucking bitch. She was trying to get away from me after all.

I hung up the phone and threw her to the couch. It's over now. No more Mr. nice guy. If she thought she was getting anywhere she was sadly mistaken.

Uh oh. So Chase knows? Will he find them though? Did Liam catch on to Avery? Gotta warn ya these next chapters are gonna be action packed and v good lol. (Well I hope you think so) but comment and vote and let me know what you think!😊