Chapter 3

I sat in the room for what felt like hours. I felt so alone. My throat was beginning to hurt. I knew I needed to go downstairs to get water. I didn't want to face him. Maybe I wouldn't see him though?

I slowly tip toed my way down the steps hoping he wasn't around. I made my way into the kitchen. He wasn't there. Thank god. I looked around I didn't see him anywhere in sight so I decided I would try and escape. I quietly made my way over to the front door. I tried turning the knob.

"Looking for something?"

I jumped in surprise. Liam found me.

"No I was just uh."

"Trying to escape?" He laughs.
"Come on you're not going anywhere." He smiles at me.

Why did he think this was ok? He took my hand and led me into the kitchen. I sat at the island not knowing what do to. Liam grabbed two bottles of water from the fridge and handed me one.

"Thanks." I mumble.

"So, I am guessing you remember me." He looks at me shyly.

"I do. So tell me why the hell am I here?"

"Because."

"Because why...?" I am beginning to get annoyed. Why is he playing games?

"I wanted you." He  grins at me.

"You can't just take me because you wanted me! Thats not how things work!" I begin to panic.

He can tell by the look in my eyes.

"Hey Avery, relax. Look at me. Take a deep breath." He gripped my shoulders forcing me to look at him.

"No, no, no,no! Stop! Get away from me! "

"Avery it's ok you can trust me." He looked me in the eyes he looked serious.

"I didn't take you to hurt you, I promise I will never hurt you."

"Then why am I here." I cry to him.

He envelopes me into a hug and wipes my eyes. I try to push him away but his grip is tight.

I quickly pull myself together.

"Please tell me why I am here."

"Okay, okay well I have wanted you for a long time. I have wanted to be together for a long time. So, you are here so we can be together. You know, start a life together."

I just laugh. I want to cry. This had to be some type of sick joke.

"You really think that I will be with you after you ruined my life, took me, and won't let me leave? I will never love you!"

"You just need some time. You will like it here. You can trust me. I will never hurt you and we don't have to do anything you don't want to. I know this is a lot to process so I'll give you a few days..." He trailed off.

"You are insane if you think I will adjust to this! You can't just give me a "few" days and think I will be ok! And I am with Chase! I have a boyfriend!"

I walk away from him and he grabs my wrist and pulls me closer to him.

He pushes the hair away from my face and pulls me closer to him. He gets close enough to whisper in my ear.

"I'm a pretty charming person, you fall in love with me sooner than you think."

I stomp up the stairs. I could feel the tears ready to fall but I wasn't going to let them. He wasn't going to win this.

I put the tv on and flipped through the channels. I stumbled upon the news channel. There was a picture of me with the words "MISSING"

My family and Chase appeared on the screen.

"We just want our little girl back." My mom cried.

"Please don't hurt her! We will find you!" Chase cried.

The tears poured right down. I missed them so much. I just wanted to go home. I knew I had to start playing nice to him. I had to escape. I needed to get away from him.

Liam's pov:

She was taking this much harder than I expected. She didn't even want to be around me. I was hurt but I knew I had to give her some time.

I pull out my phone and dial Chase's number.

"Hello?" He sounded like he was crying

"Chase, I heard about Avery, your mom called me. I am so sorry."

"I can fly to Colorado, and help you guys look, anything you need." I was already in Colorado but he didn't need to know. My intention was never to really hurt him.. He was just in the way. He had Avery. I didn't know what else to do. Her and I were meant to be. I had to get rid of him. He would never suspect me either. We have been best friends since we were kids.

"Thanks Liam, It means a lot. I'll let you know. I gotta go though. I'll call you with any updates." He quickly hung up the phone.

He was clueless.

Avery's pov:

I hear a small knock at the door and then Liam appeared.

"Hi. I Uh just wanted to see if you were hungry." He scratches his head.

As if my stomach knew, it began to grumble.

I felt the heat on my cheeks instantly.

"I'll take that as a yes." Liam laughs.
"Come on, come downstairs with me. I'll make us some dinner."
I hesitantly followed him. I knew I needed to get the lay out of the house if I wanted to get out anytime soon.

We were in the kitchen while Liam was making dinner. I just sat at the kitchen island and watched.

"Can I ask you something?" I blurt out.
He looks up from the pot on the stove.
"Hm?" He gives me a small smile.
"What do you do to afford all this? And I thought you lived in California?"

"Well I did. I lived with them while I was finishing college. I graduated and now I'm here. My family has a lot of money. This is one of our houses and I'm living here as of right now.

"What does your family do?" They have to be involved with something if they have this kind of money I think to myself.

"In due time I promise I'll explain everything." He just smiles at me.

Something wasn't right about all this.

I sipped my water and we were finishing up our dinner. I began to feel tired, really tired. I tried to wake myself up but I only found myself getting more tired.
"Hey Liam I'm going to go lie down for a bit."

I made my way over to the couch and quickly drifted off to sleep.

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!!