Chapter 51

TRIGGER WARNING: contains talk about suicide and self harm

Liam's pov:
It's Sunday morning and I'm out doing my usual grocery shopping for the week. Avery still tries to keep her distance from me but I don't let her. I grab all the usual fruits, veggies when I accidentally bump into someone.
"I'm sor- Liam?"
Fuck.

It was Chase. I usually go to the grocery store on the other side of town just in case, but Avery was on her period and extra grumpy this morning and I didn't want to leave her for long. Shit, shit.

"What are you doing here?" He looks confused.
"I came to visit my parents for the weekend." I lie.
"Why didn't you tell me? You know I live a few minutes away.." He looks upset and confused.

"Well you know things between us.. the way we ended." I scratch my head.

"I just called you on Wednesday though? I don't know, I guess I just think it's kind of weird you didn't think to tell me you would be here.." He still looks at me confused.

Fuck.
"Yeah I'm really sorry it was just a spur of the moment decision.... I didn't even think to tell you. I've been super busy with work and stuff." I lie.

"Oh, ok." He looks like some wounded animal.

"The lead to Anthony was a dead end. They searched and questioned him but nothing. I kind of freaked on the kid. No one really believed me either. I guess they were right."

"I'm really sorry man."  I was beginning to grow irritated. I was tired of talking to him. He was wasting my time. Taking me away from Avery.

I pretended my phone was ringing.
"Hello? Oh yeah I'll be home soon with everything." I speak into the phone.

"Ok well I gotta go. Family is expecting me." I point to the groceries.

"How long are you here?"
"I leave tonight." I lie again.
"Oh. Well I guess I'll see you at thanksgiving? I'll be home from school."
"Yeah for sure." I roll my eyes when he's not looking.
"But I'll see you." I begin to walk away.
"See you." He mumbles back.

I paid for everything and quickly got out of the store. It was a dumb mistake. A mistake that literally could've costed me Avery. I think after the wedding it would be best to move. I can't take any more risks. Not here. We need a fresh start her and I. Somewhere to be us.

Avery's pov:
Liam was quiet when he got home from the store. He seemed distant. I wasn't sure why, but I didn't question it. He went into his office for part of the day and then sat and watched tv with me. He tried to make small talk but he seemed uninterested. He seemed distracted.

It was dinner time. We were having chicken and rice. It was quiet yet again. You could hear the forks clattering against the plate.

"So, Av I was thinking." He looks up at me.

He peaked my interest. I look up at him too.

"After the wedding... I think we need a fresh start."

What was he getting at?

"So that entails....?" I look at him confused.

"I want to move. Somewhere. I don't know where yet but we need a fresh start. Just us. No one in the way. I think it would be good for us, make us closer. Plus we can start a family out there."

I can't listen to him anymore. He wants to move. Away from Colorado. Where my whole life has been. Where my family is. Chase. My friends. If we move it's going to make it that much harder for them to find me. They might never find me. Emma and Liz moved away from California and they were never found. I don't want that to be me. Wait. If we move...

"NO! Are you insane?? You can't move us! I don't want to move! Colorado is my home! What about Emma and your mom! They are the only people that understand me! I need them!" I cry out.

"Hey, hey relax." His voice is calming.

"I understand you. It will be great for us Av. You don't need them. Plus they can visit every once in a while." He tries to reassure me.

"No! I'm not moving! I don't want to!"

I want to yell at him I really don't want to move because if we do I'll never be found but I know I won't win with that argument.

Liam gives a confused laugh.

"Well, it really wasn't up for debate. WE need to do this together. WE need to start acting like a family." His voice is cold.

"Liam. I don't want to please. If I can make one fucking choice, please." I cry out. No energy left in me anymore.

"We'll see." He mutters while continues to eat his dinner.

I knew what that meant. Fuck my life. Fuck everyone. I'm can't count on anyone anymore except myself. My family, Chase. They haven't found me. Liam doesn't give a shit about anything that I want. The only people that might understand me, I can't even see. What's the point? I can't help but thinking I'd be better off dead.

I throw my fork onto the plate and shove me chair away from the table. I grab my plate and throw it into the sink. I'm done.

I run up to the bedroom and slam the door shut. I run into the bathroom. Wiping my cheeks that are now stained with tears. I pull away the shower curtain and grab the razor. I pull the blade off the razor and hold it in my hand. I pull up my shorts exposing my thigh. I look at my scars from before. It wasn't the first time I was this depressed. But I never those I would relapse. I relapsed once and I vowed never again. But under these circumstances.... I don't care.

"Avery?"
Fuck. I quickly put the blade back onto the razor. I scramble to put it back into the shower but I drop it.

"Avery we need to talk." His voice is coming closer now.

Shit.

I quickly pick up the razor. I hear the door knob turning. Oh my god I forgot to lock the door. Fuck!!!!!

"Avery? What's going on?" He looks concerned.

"Nothing." I give him a fake smile of reassurance.

I fiddle nervously with the razor behind my back.
"Avery what is going on?!" He shrieks.

I look down my thigh was still exposed. He saw my scars.

"What's behind your back?!" He screams in a panic.

"Nothing Liam! It's fine that was from a long time ago!" I begin to panic myself.

"Show me what's behind your back!" He demands.

I felt like a little kid hiding something from their mom.

I let out a sigh and show him the razor.

"Oh my god. Avery."

So.... that was a little heavy at the end. Hopefully you guys still enjoyed it. What do you think about them possibly moving??? Comment and vote what ya think!!!