Chapter 39

Chase's pov:
I couldn't express the anger I had felt for Liam. What the hell was wrong with him? Who tells someone looking for their kidnapped girlfriend to get over it?! I had every right to be upset. She was the love of my life. School was going to start too which made everything 10x worse. I just felt so angry so I punched him. Now I'm paying for it with a badly bruised nose, just in time for school. I couldn't put my finger on it, but something wasn't right about Liam. I knew the guy my whole life and I've never seen him so distracted and out of it. I'm pretty sure he is seeing a girl so maybe that's why. But right now I don't care he was out of line and a total asshole. I'm done talking to him unless he wants to apologize for what he said.

Avery's pov:
I can't stop laughing. I know Chase. Chase loves me. He wouldn't move on, I know him. My head was getting best of me. Of course that was a lie. Liam was crazed, he was obsessed with me, he had to be lying.. right?

"I know your just lying to get me to talk to you. I'm not an idiot Liam." I snarl at him.

I watch his fingers grip the steering wheel. He doesn't say anything.

"You want to talk Liam? Oh let's fucking talk." I say in a cynical tone.

"Hm let's see, well you drugged me, completely disregard the fact I didn't want you to leave! Your brother fucking drugged me, oh and you come home with a black eye! Are you insane? I've said it before and I will say it time and time again! I will never love you Liam you're sick!" I scream at him.

He didn't say anything for a while. It began to drive me crazy.

"SAY SOMETHING!" I yell at him.

"We will talk when we get home." He says in a calm tone.

"Well you're the one who wanted me to talk Liam! So here I am I'm ready! So fucking bring it!" I snap at him.

He still doesn't say anything.

"Oh and what the fuck was that back there? You know you slapping me on the cheek?! What do you want to show your stupid brother your in charge or something?!" I'm fired up, there was no going back now.

He slams his fist on the dashboard.

"I SAID WE WILL TALK WHEN WE GET HOME!" He screams at me.

I knew this was the end of the line, this was where I had to stop. I had to wait until we got home. Boy was this going to be a long drive.

What felt like forever, we finally got home. The "gentlemen" Liam is, he got out and opened the passenger side door for me. It was dark. I consider running but I knew it would be no use. I thought it would be fun to sike him out though, saying how angry I was at him. While I waited for him to get our bags from the trunk I quietly ran behind the bushes. I hear him slam the trunk shut. Shortly after I hear his panicked cry.

"AVERY?!" He screams out.

I put my hand to my mouth to stop me from giggling. How pathetic he was.

"Avery! This isn't funny! What the fuck!" He screams.

I can't help but suppress a giggle. After that I step out of the bushes.

"Boo." I say in a sarcastic tone.

He storms over to me and grabs my wrist. He drops the bags and pulls me to the door. I roll my eyes and laugh.

"Get over it Liam. It was a joke."

He quickly unlocks the door and slams it shut. He pins me against the coat closet.

"A JOKE?! YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY?!" He screams at me.

I push him away.

"Well you always play games so I figured I'd play games too." I snap back at him.