Chapter 10

Liam's parents were the first to arrive. I was absolutely terrified to meet his dad.
Liam's dad walked in first and his mom followed.

"Son." He gives Liam a handshake.
What a warm hello I thought to myself.

"Liam!" Liam's mom squeals.
"Hi Mom." Liam gives her a hug.
"I missed you! We haven't seen you in forever." She looked sad when she said it.

I stood by Liam's side waiting for him to introduce me.
"Mom, Dad, this is Avery."
Liam's mom gave me a sad look and his dad looked me up and down and gave a disapproving look.

"Oh Avery honey it is so nice to finally meet you, we have heard so many good things about you. My name is Elizabeth but you can call me Liz." She enveloped me in a hug and gave me a warm smile.

"Hi, I am so glad to finally meet you." I smile at her.

"Avery. We have heard much about you. It's nice to meet you. I'm Andrew."

His introduction was cold. I could already tell he hated me. Oh goody.

Shortly after Ryan and Emma arrive. Liam and Ryan bro hug and Liam and Emma say hello and hug.
"Hi! I'm Emma!"
She was gorgeous. Dark brown hair, a bit taller than me with hazel eyes.

"Emma, Hi. I've heard so much about you."

"Me too. It's so great to finally meet you." We hug.

It felt so good to meet someone around my age. I felt so lost and to know that someone else understood me.

"Come, come everyone." Liam said.

Everyone makes their way into the living room. I didn't know what to do. Everyone knew each other except me. I awkwardly stayed by Liam's side too afraid to leave.

"What would everyone like to drink? Av and I will grab it for you." He smiled at everyone.

This all felt too fake but it was happening. I was stuck here.

Emma and Liz wanted wine while the men wanted whiskey. I followed Liam to grab everything. He pulled me close to him and whispered in my ear.

"I trust you will behave tonight. You're treading on thin ice right now, I suggest you don't make things worse." He snapped at me.

Him and I are we're fine, did he mean with his family?

"But Liam I-"
"Just promise me." He says sternly.
"Y-yes I promise."
He was so sweet a few minutes ago and then he turned evil. I was afraid of what could happen if I didn't listen.

A few minutes later we arrive with the drinks and hand them off to everyone.
"Liam, Ryan there is something I need to talk to you about business related things." He eyed both of them and then looked at me.
"Yeah let's go to the office." Liam said in a serious tone.

I had a feeling they were going to talk about me. I felt nervous. I tried to give Liam a pleading look but he ignored it and led the men to the office. I completely forgot that this was my chance to be alone with Emma and Liz! This could be our chance.

Liz just walks over to me and hugs me.

"Honey I am so sorry. Are you alright? I hope he has been good to you..." she trailed off.

"Yes, he has been okay but I need to go home I don't belong here."

Emma looked at me with sad eyes.

"Neither did I. But you get used to it. Ryan and I are
Really happy." She gave me a sad smile.

She had convinced herself that she was happy. She was brainwashed by Ryan.

"No. No. You both aren't happy here! Please we can still get help if we all team up on them and plan an escape plan we can get out of here! It's not too late please!" I cry out.

"Honey it will be okay here. You just need to adjust. Please don't try to escape anymore. Andrew is very unhappy with you right now. I don't know what's going on but he doesn't have good things planned if you try to escape again.. please honey don't do it."

"Are you crazy?? I can't adjust here! I have a boyfriend! Chase?? I have a family! I need to get home! Emma?? Don't you think this is insane come on please we can escape please!"

They both look at me with sad eyes. Emma begins to tear up. I began to tear up too. Why weren't they listening to me?? Didn't they want to escape too?? I felt broken I thought they would help me. They were useless.

"Everything alright in here?" Andrew said in a stern voice.

Fuck. I hope he didn't hear anything.

"Of course honey. We are just getting to know Avery, she's a very lovely girl." Liz was talking to Andrew.

Ryan quickly rushed to Emma's side and grabbed her hand. Liam looked at me with questioning eyes but I avoided his gaze. I didn't want to talk to him right now. I hated that he brought his family here and they were not going to help me. I was all alone.

A little bit later it was time for dinner. We all made our way out to deck. Everyone was quiet and seemed uncomfortable for different reasons.

"Oh Av, grab the dinner rolls please?" Liam looked up at me.

"Sure." I give him a small fake smile and get up out of my seat.

I was just finishing up taking the dinner rolls out of the oven and someone throws a picture of Chase onto the stovetop.

"Is this who you're so hung up over? Is this why you won't love my son?" It was Andrew.

"No I uh should really get-" I tried to leave the kitchen and make my way to the deck but Ryan was blocking the hallway leading to the deck.

Oh my god. They planned to ambush me like this when I wasn't with Liam.

No no this couldn't be happening.

"LIA-" I tried to call for his name but Ryan quickly put his hand over my mouth.

I could feel my breathing begin to quicken.

"Avery I don't think we really had a formal introduction. I'm Andrew. I think you've been causing a lot of trouble for this family."

Ryan still had his hand over my mouth. I looked at Andrew with panicked eyes. I could feel my heart beating out of my chest.

"I believe this is a distraction for you." 
It was the picture of Chase. I never saw that picture before. It was recent. I saw the bags under his eyes. He looked depressed and tired.

"How did you get that?!"  I tried to cry out but it only came out muffled.

"You seem to be quite caught up on him...you've been causing trouble for my son which leads to trouble for us. It doesn't seem like Liam knows how to discipline you. I taught him better. I guess I must need to teach him better. You wouldn't want to cause trouble for your family and Chase now would you?"

My mouth was still covered. I couldn't say anything. A tear left my eye.

"Ah. Now that's what I thought. So this will be the only chat we need to have right?" He gave me a devilish look. I knew he was threatening me.

I slowly nod my head while tears flow down my cheeks.

"Good girl. He really does love you so I suggest you do the same. We don't need to chat again." He grabs my chin and squeezes it.

I wince in pain since he grabs it a little too tight.

Andrew walks away and Ryan lets me go and gives me a small push.

"Let's go." Ryan said angrily.

I wanted to cry and hide away in the bedroom forever but I knew that wasn't a choice. I had to go out to face Liam, who was completely oblivious to how evil his father and brother really were.

What do you think will happen??
Should she tell Liam? Comment and vote! Also want to give a huge shoutout to the dedicated readers. I get so excited seeing the notifications!! I love writing this and I'm glad others enjoy it!