Chapter 52

WARNING: contains talk of self harm and suicide
Liam's pov:
Every inside of me shattered when I saw her thigh. The scars. I knew what she had behind her back. I didn't want to believe it. She was going to harm herself. This wasn't the first time. I had no idea. I was going to marry her and I didn't even fucking know something this big?

"Avery.... why? Please.... tell me this is some kind of joke." I cry out.

"No I-I'm fine. I wasn't going to do anything I was just putting it back." She lies.

"Why? Why would you do that? Am I really that bad?" I shed a tear thinking I drove her to this point.

"Do you hear yourself? You're making this about yourself! That's what you always do! You never listen to what I want! Or how I feel!" She shouts at me.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry! Please what can I do to make this better Avery? I need you in my life." I walk over to her and hold her tight in my arms.

"Don't make us move...please. I don't want to leave here. I want to be close to Emma and the baby... please this is my home. If I can just have one thing..." She begins to cry.

"Okay, okay. No moving. Done. Anything to make you happier Av." I squeeze her even tighter to give her some reassurance.

I take her hand and slowly walk us out of the bathroom. I sit on the bed and she follows.

"So... what happened? I never knew you had those scars..." I trailed off.

She lets out a long sigh. I can tell her past still haunts her.

Avery's pov:
The scars... they aren't really something I like to talk about. I forget they are there sometimes. But every once in a while when I see them I am reminded of the past. I am a survivor and my past is nothing who I am today.

"I was bullied, in middle school. It felt like the only option. Once I started it was just how I coped. It hurt at first but when you get so use to it... it's like a canvas. Creating marks. Little ones, or big ones. You decide. I had really bad depression and anxiety. I overcame everything.. then you came along."

I could feel the anxiety trying to take over.

"I was happy Liam. Really happy. You came along and took me and ruined my whole life. I was going to relapse because of you! Because of how much I hate it here! Then you wanted to uproot everything just because you felt like WE needed a new start!" I was shouting now breathing heavy.

Liam couldn't even look into my eyes. He just stared into the carpet.

It did feel better releasing all this anger. Pent up anger because of him. To think I was going to let this asshole cause me to relapse. No. I couldn't and I wouldn't. I had to stay strong. I knew I would escape from here. I had to.

"But you will not cause me to relapse. You're a monster Liam. A real fucking monster! But I am stronger than you! You will not break me." I say in an angry tone.

He still didn't know what to say. I didn't care what he had to say anymore. I was tired of listening. Waiting for him to respond.

"I want to see Emma, now." I demand.

"Avery I think we need space from them.. after everything." His voice was a whisper.

"No. I want to see them now! I need to talk to Emma!" I roar.

"Alright, alright. I will text Ryan." He says in defeat.

I was finally getting what I wanted. He wasn't in charge of me. He could think what he wanted, but I was in control of my life. Not him.

Liam's pov:

I was afraid to hurt her anymore than I already did. I didn't know what to do. Ryan and my dad would just tell me I was letting her run the show. They would tell me I need to discipline her better. Would she be happy if we get married? Will she grow out of this? As we get closer to the wedding I just feel more nervous. I don't want to leave her alone ever again. What if she tries to hurt herself... or worse.

I pull her into a hug. I never want to loose her. She means too much to me.

"I love you so much Av. I never want to loose you. I'm always here if you want to talk. I'm so sorry for all the pain and hurt I have caused you. I know we will be happy though, you and I."

She just lets out a sigh and tries to pull away from me. I don't let her go.

"Please promise me you won't try to hurt yourself." I plead with her.

"Can't make any promises" she mutters.

"What?" I feel a wave of panic hit me.

"I'm not promising you anything. Now can you text Ryan please." She sounds annoyed.

"Avery I can't trust you. What if I leave and you hurt yourself? I can't loose you Av...." The thought of loosing her tears me apart.

"I can call Dr. Lennord, you can talk to him maybe that will help things." I rub my sweaty palms nervously on my jeans.

"No! I don't want to talk to a fucking therapist Liam! I'm fine! It's your fault I feel like this! I just want to talk to Emma! My god can't you just do one fucking thing for me!" She screams at me.

She storms off and slams the bedroom door shut. Leaving me sitting on the bed. Part of me wanted to be angry at her for yelling at me like that. I didn't deserve that. But the other part of me wanted to rush to her side and hold her so tight. It broke me that she didn't want me. She just wanted to talk to Emma. She didn't want anything to do with me. I needed her. Why didn't she need me?

Avery's pov:
He had me fuming with anger. I didn't want to talk to him or a stupid therapist. I was fine. They wouldn't understand anyways. Emma was the only person who understood what I was going through. I wondered if she ever thought of hurting herself before too.

I was downstairs pacing the living room. To angry to sit or to be around him. I was fine. It was just going to be a little mark. He was overreacting. I hoped he would text Ryan like I asked. I needed to see Emma.

A few minutes later Liam nervously comes down the stairs. I loved watching him squirm like this. It made me feel like I had some control of this fucked up situation. I knew it wouldn't last, but I was going to take advantage.

"They are going to come over tomorrow morning." Liam stands there uncomfortably.

"K." I say in an angry tone.

"I love you Av.... so much. I'll do anything in the world to make you happy." He gives me a look of desperation.

"Really?" I stand there annoyed and roll my eyes.

"Because you know what the one thing I want is?"

He takes a second before he answers.

"To get out of this hell hole and watch you rot in prison for the rest of your sick life." I spit at him.

"Avery, I know you don't mean that. I mean really anything but letting you go, I'll do it Avery please." He begs me.

"Ok fine. Call off the stupid wedding." I snap at him.

He looks down at the ground and doesn't say a word.

"See. Bullshit. You'll do anything in the world to make me happy as long as it doesn't involve letting me go or calling off the wedding. You don't care Liam."

I brush past him and walk up the stairs. I slam the bedroom door shut and scream into the pillow.

Soooooooo what did you think??! Comment and vote!😊