Chapter 38

Liam's pov:

I stepped off the plane. I got a few looks on the plane because of the black eye, but I tried to keep my head down. All I wanted was Avery. I raced off the plane and to baggage claim. I didn't know how she would react when she saw me. I knew she wouldn't be happy about the black eye and we were most definitely going to have one of the worst fights we have ever had. But, all I could think about is what Chase said.

"You just look at her and know everything in the world is going to be ok. She is home to me."

I held those words in my head and my heart. I knew whatever happened we would be ok. I just loved her so much, no matter how angry she would be at me.

I text Ryan while walking out of the airport.

Liam: Are you alone? I need to call you.

Shortly after I get to my car, Ryan calls me.

Liam: Hello?

Ryan: Yo, what do you need to talk about.

Liam: Well, it will be easier to explain in person. I just need you to have Emma keep Avery occupied, I don't uh want her to see me yet.

Ryan: Ok?

Liam: Just do it. I will be there in 45 minutes.

I say in an annoyed tone and hang up the phone.

I didn't want her seeing the black eye yet. I needed to talk to Ryan first before Avery freaked out on me. Plus I was pissed that Ryan drugged her.

Avery's pov:

Ryan came back to the living room shortly after his phone call. I had assumed it was Liam, I knew he was going to be back any minute.

"Emma can I talk to you?" Ryan says in a demanding tone.

She gets up from the couch and gives me a small smile.

I hated feeling like something was going on. I felt like that phone call was about me and whatever Ryan was telling Emma. I was nervous. What the hell happened in California?

A few minutes go by and Emma comes back in.

"Want to come upstairs with me? You can help get some ideas for the nursery."

I could tell she was trying to distract me from what just happened.

"Yeah but isn't Liam going to be here soon?" I didn't want to see Liam but I also didn't want to be left out from what was going on.

"His plane was delayed, that's why Ryan pulled me aside." She smiles.

I completely believed her. I had no idea she was lying.

A few minutes pass. She is talking about paint colors, and which crib to get. I find myself distracted. I can't stop thinking about Chase and what happened. As well as what is going to happen when Liam comes home. Do we have a screaming match or do I give him the silent treatment? Which would be better?

My thoughts were interrupted when the doorbell rings. I shot up. I knew it was Liam.

"You said his flight was delayed!" I yell at Emma.

"It's probably the pizza guy!" She blurts out. I can see the look of panic on her face.

I run out of the room. I can hear her yell back.

"Avery wait!" But it's no use.

I am going to run down there and tell Liam exactly what I think of him.