Chapter 34

Liam's pov:

Leaving Avery was already going to be hard enough. I didn't even know how to tell her and Ryan had to be a fucking dick and make a comment. He did it out of spite. He was mad at me for talking to Chase, so he went after what I loved most, Avery. I saw the color drain out of her face as soon as he made the comment. I knew I was about to be in deep shit when we got into the car together. I pulled her to the car fast. Just as I expected she was fuming mad.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!" She screams at me.

I don't know if I've ever seen her so angry. Other then when she slapped me, but this one might top the cake.

"Av I know I am so sorry. Please I promise I will explain everything when we get home."

I tried to squeeze her hand but she pulled away.

Avery's pov:

I was fuming with anger. I was tired of being left out. I was tired of not being able to make my own decisions.

"Av I know I am so sorry. Please I promise I will explain everything when we get home."

He tried to grab my hand but I quickly pulled away. I wanted to talk now, I didn't want to wait.

"So you found a dress?" He tries to give me a smile but its half hearted.

He's trying to change the subject, get my mind off things but it wasn't happening.

"I am not talking about anything with you until we talk about what the fuck is going on." I snap at him.

He didn't say a word the rest of the way, he knew I was right.

Shortly after we got home, I ran out from the car and slammed the door shut. Liam was slow to get out of the car. I knew things were about to get bad.

He quietly closes the door and locks it behind him. He looks at me and then quickly looks down.

"We're home. What's going on?" I say impatiently.

He scratches his head and stands there uncomfortably.

"LIAM!" I yell at him.

Something switches inside of him.

"I'M TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO TELL YOU!" He screams back at me.

"You've gotta be fucking kidding me. You are standing here, yelling at ME! When you're the one who has the audacity to hide this big ass secret from me!" I yell back.

"You do remember I am in charge here." He growls.

"Yeah I fucking know, and I don't care anymore." I roll my eyes.

There's a moment of silence. Then he blurts it out.

"I am going out of town this weekend." He looks at me panicked.

At first, I am confused. Then, the pieces of the puzzle connect, I was going to be staying with Ryan and Emma. Why was Liam leaving?

"Why?" Is all I can ask.

He stands there with a sad and confused look.

I was about to yell at him again to blurt it out but he spoke.

"I need to go to California to see Chase." He mumbles.

It was hard to hear him but I heard him enough to know what he had just said.

"YOU WHAT?!" I scream at him.

"WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU GOING TO SEE CHASE! LEAVE HIM ALONE! YOU ALREADY GOT ME WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM!" I can feel the blood pulsing through my veins. I am filled with rage. I want to kill him.

"ENOUGH!" He screams at me.
"You do not get to yell at me! You need to calm the fuck down!" He grabs my chin hard, forcing me to look at him.

I push him away but he grabs my wrist. He's breathing heavy now, his anger rising.

"Then you better fucking explain yourself." I snap at him.

He gives me a face of warning.

"He's coming home to California and wants to get together. He doesn't know that I live here. When the attempted escape happened with Emma, my dad and Ryan freaked so we fled to Colorado. It was also the time I started pursuing you. So I went out here with them as well."

I was about to say something but he spoke first.

"Relax, I'm not gonna fucking kill him. I don't know why you care so much. I'm just going to see him and then break the friendship off. He's getting in the way. I need to get him off my tail."

That peaked my interest.

"What do you mean off your tail?"

"Nothing." Liam says in an angry tone.

I began to get my hopes up. What did he mean "off his tail?" Was Chase get suspicious? Boy I hope he was.

"Why can't I go with you? Why do I have to stay with Emma and Ryan?" I tried to plead with him.

"I'd take you if I could Av. I would. It's just too dangerous."

"Yeah too dangerous for you." I mumble.

"What?" He growls in an angry tone.

"Nothing."

"Well I'm not leaving. I'm staying here." I cross my arms and begin to pout.

I was tired of not being able to make my own choices. I didn't care if I threw a tantrum.

"Well it's not really a choice Av." He gave me a sad laugh.

"Well I'm not going!" I yell to him.

I run up the stairs and slammed the door shut. I wanted to punch something. I wanted to break something. I felt so angry. Before I even knew what I was doing my hand had already made contact with the wall. I yelped out in pain. My hand was bright red.

Yep. Might've just broken my hand. The wall had won that battle.

I feel the panic rise in my chest, and the tears coming on. I didn't want to be with Liam but I also didn't want him to leave me. I didn't want to be stuck with his crazy brother and I was afraid of Liam going to see Chase. Knowing that Liam was going to see Chase killed me on the inside. I missed him so much.

I walked into the bathroom. I needed ice for my hand. I wasn't going downstairs. I didn't want to be anywhere near Liam. He was going to have to drag me out of this house I wasn't going anywhere.

My hand was beginning to bruise. I knew I was going to have to go downstairs and face Liam soon, and I was dreading it.

What do you guys think? Are you liking it so far? Do you think Liam will get Avery to stay with Ryan and Emma? Stay tuned!!