Chapter 32

I woke up with a massive headache. I was extremely hungover. I let out a small groan. I was nuzzled up against Liam. We were both in the same clothes last night. I really don't remember what happened last night. I slowly begin to get up, the pain in my head worsening. I suddenly feel it coming on. I run to the bathroom and throw up. Yeah I should have drank water last night. 

Shortly after I finish throwing up, Liam knocks at the door. 

"I brought you some water and some Advil. I thought you might need it." He gives me a small shrug. 

"Thank you I appreciate it." I give him a small smile. 

"Um, what happened last night?" 

I only remember everyone leaving, after that was a blur. I do remember Emma telling her story and avoiding Liam but I don't know if I ever confronted him.

He lets out a breath. 

"Well, you were really upset with me. And afraid of me. We fought a little." 

Then it all comes back to me. Then I remember the kiss and everything. Falling asleep in his chest.  That was a stupid drunken mistake. My feelings for him were still the same. I wasn't going to love him, ever.

"Oh. Now I remember" I say awkwardly.

I take the Advil and water from his hands and get up from the toilet. I swallow the Advil and wash it down with water. Then I begin to brush my teeth.

Liam is still standing in the doorway awkwardly. He follows me and begins to brush his teeth. 

The rest of the day was awkward. I was still afraid of Liam. Liam didn't know how to act around me. I think he was hoping I would come around to him, but I wasn't.

We were finishing up dinner.

"Liam, I know we talked about this before, but you know I was supposed to start school this August. I was going to be a senior." 

Thinking about it made me want to cry.

"I know Av. I am sorry. But you don't need to worry about it, I will take care of us."

"I am not worried about anything. I want to work, I want to be my own person." 

He doesn't know how to answer me. 

"Well you could work at the company. I could talk to my dad. I am sure we could find you something to do." 

I just let out a sigh and rolled my eyes. I knew this conversation wouldn't go anywhere. 

I finish my dinner and push away from the dinner table. I knew Liam wanted to say more, but didn't know what to say. 

"Av wait." I look up at him, hopeful he will say something good.

"Wanna watch a movie?" 

I let out a sigh. I don't know why I get my hopes up anymore. 

"Yeah. I guess." 

We are a little bit into the movie. Liam is sitting close to me, I try to move away but somehow he just ends up moving closer every time. A thought pops into my head. 

"Hey Liam?"

"Yes love?" 

I hated when he called me names. 

"Don't you ever get bored here? We do the same thing everyday. I know I hate it. Don't you want to do more with your life?" 

I hope this stirs something in him.

He doesn't even have to think, he just speaks instantly. 

"I have you. You're all I need." 

He grabs my hand and gives it a squeeze and kisses my forehead.

That is not the answer I wanted. 

"But what did you do before me? Is this really what you want to do the rest of your life?" 

Liam lets out a small laugh. 

"Well, I really just worked, I would workout. Hang out with the family, travel occasionally."

"Can't we travel? Can't we go outside? You barley take me out anymore. Please I am going stir crazy in here." I plead with him. 

"Okay, okay. Well you don't have the best track record. A handful of times you have been out you try to escape." He gives me a look

What the hell did he expect? I roll my eyes and cross my arms while moving further away from him. 

"You are right though. I should let you go out more. It isn't fair. Why don't we start of slow, I will start taking you out more. First we can start with just going out back. Then we can begin to go on walks and then a long time down the road maybe we can travel." 

"What do you consider a long time down the road?" I question him.

"Don't push it Av." He gives me a warning look. 

I sigh. He was right. I hated it, but I didn't want to push it. At the end of the day he was the one calling the shots. 

"You know I was thinking. This might be a big step, but we need to start looking at wedding dresses. Maybe instead of having someone come here with dresses, I could take you somewhere." 

"Really?" I instantly perk up. 

Not about the wedding dress shopping but just being able to get away from this stupid house was something.

"Well, I figured it might be nice for you to have some girl time as well. I was thinking my Mom and Emma could come as well. Plus I don't want to see your dress until the wedding day."

"You only want Emma and Liz to come because you would also have extra protection incase I run away." I roll my eyes. 

The switch in Liam instantly turns on.

"Avery you're really testing me. I am trying to do something nice and you are pushing it." He snaps. 

"Ok. Ok." I wasn't going to apologize to him. 

He didn't deserve it. 

He takes a breath and calms down. His angry switch turns off and he's back to smiling at me. 

"We will go next week ok?" He rubs my thumb. 

"Yeah. Ok. Sounds good." I swallow the lump in my throat.

Suddenly I didn't feel excited anymore. I didn't want to look at wedding dresses. 

"I'm going to bed." I say while getting up from the couch. 

He grabs my wrists and pulls me down to eye level.

"What?" I say in an annoyed tone. 

He closes the gap between us and kisses me. I quickly pull away without kissing him back. He just laughs and lets me go. 

"Goodnight Av." 

I don't say a word and I walk up the stairs. 

I hope you are enjoying so far! Sorry if this wasn't a super exciting chapter, lol but I have some very good ones coming up.