Chapter 28

The rest of Wednesday I didn't talk to Liam. I avoided him at all costs. Thankfully it wasn't too hard because he was working. Thursday came and went. Now it was Friday. The dreaded day. Wedding planning. I figured any minute Liam would be all over me telling me how excited he is to marry me. As if he read my mind he came running into the bedroom and wrapped around me from behind. 

"Good Morning Beautiful." He kisses my cheek. 

I quickly push him away not in the mood. Plus if I was going to have to survive this day, I wanted to have some fun too. Liam hates when I push him away or am mean to him, so let's play. 

"Morning." I mumble.

"Are you making breakfast." I say in a sassy tone. 

"Oh uh yeah. I just wanted to see if you were getting ready Leena(wedding planner) is going to be here soon." 

"Yep. Getting ready now, so if you could just leave me to it." 

He looks down at the floor. I know I was getting to him. He didn't say anything but just walked out of the room.

He was wearing a nice outfit. I decided to wear sweatpants. I didn't need to get ready to plan a stupid wedding. A few minutes later I head down the stairs. 

Liam is finishing making eggs when he sees me. He looks unsettled. He quickly covers the look with a smile.

I can tell he wants me to change. I just smirk. 

"Don't you want to put something else on? Leena is coming soon.." He looks concerned.

"Ok and? We are just planning the wedding." I roll my eyes.

"Cut the shit Avery! I know what you're trying to do!" He snaps at me. 

I jump in fear. I wasn't expecting him to get like that. 

"What do you want me to be bouncing off the walls with excitement?? For a stupid wedding I don't want! My family can't even be here! You're fucking forcing me to marry you and I can't even have my family.." My legs begin to feel weak and tears I didn't know I had begin to stream down my eyes. I am about to fall but Liam catches me. 

"I know Av, I'm so sorry. It's going to be great though my family will be there, you'll get to meet everyone." It sounded like he was trying to convince him.

Great. More crazy people that I get to meet in his family. How thrilling. 

Just then the doorbell rang. I got myself together and composed myself. Liam tried to kiss me on the lips but I quickly dodge it. He sighs in protest.

"Liam!" Leena exclaims. 

I was not ready for her energy burst. 

She wraps him into a hug. They pull away and he quickly closes the door and locks it. 

Leena looks at me and eyes me up. She points her finger at me.

"You must be Avery." She smiles.

"You are even more beautiful in person. Liam, you picked the right girl." She winks at him.

"I know. I am very lucky." He looks over my way and admires me. 

Leena was probably in her 40's she had a slight accent, it sounded like German. She a little taller than me. She had her hair in a messy updo and no makeup on. She was pretty.

She sat Liam and I down at the kitchen. She had lots of books for us to look through. The books contained color swatches, and floral arrangements and lots of other wedding related things. It was overwhelming. 

"So! Colors! What kind of flowers are we thinking?" She beams with excitement. 

Liam doesn't even look at me, he just tells her what he wants.

"I was thinking we go with the color purple. Purple is Avery's favorite color." He picks up my hand and kisses it. 

I was surprised he knew purple was my favorite color, but then I remembered he knew everything.

'"Some white and purple roses with lavender come through. Yes that will be perfect." 

"Perfect!" Leena exclaims

The whole morning and afternoon was spent wedding planning. I was absolutely exhausted. Liam just let Leena out. I plopped down onto the couch. Liam comes in shortly after. He picks up my legs and sits down. He gently drapes my legs across his lap. I was so tired and comfortable I didn't even fight it. He puts a blanket over me and begins to rub up and down my legs. He was smiling at me and admiring me, then I drifted off to sleep. I wake up to the smell of food. I didn't even know I was hungry until I smelled it. We didn't have lunch before we were so busy planning. 

I walk into the kitchen and he is pouring pasta into the boiling pot. I don't say anything, rather I wait for him to notice me. He turns around and jumps in surprise. 

"Av, hi." He blushes at me. 

"You fell asleep and I didn't want to wake you. I figured you might be hungry though so I started making dinner." 

"Thank you." 

I hoped tonight would go smooth. Just dinner and some quiet time is all I wanted. I didn't want to cuddle or talk about the wedding. I just needed some me time. After dinner I put my plate in the dishwasher. 

"I think I am going to take a bath." I say while grabbing my glass of wine to take with me.

"Oh that sounds lovely, I'll join you." He winks at me.

"No. I just want some me time." I Reply in a sassy tone.

He rolls his eyes. 

"You can't say no to me all the time. Your time is running out." 

"Don't remind me." I walk up the stairs without saying anything else. 

"Don't remind me." I mutter to myself.

That night I dozed off to sleep fast. Thankfully I fell asleep before Liam came in. 

That next week was weird. Liam spent a lot of time on the phone and in his office. He had lots of things getting delivered and was running out to the store more than usual. He didn't say anything to me and I didn't ask because I knew he wouldn't tell me.

 It was Friday morning. Liam wasn't in bed. I took my time getting ready. I was enjoying the peace and quiet. I change out of my pajamas and into a white v-neck and some shorts. I make my way down the stairs.

When I came down the house is littered with balloons, and streamers and a 'Happy Birthday' Sign. 

Liam is standing at the bottom of the steps with open arms ready to hug me. 

"Happy Birthday Beautiful!" 

Oh my god. It was August 7th already. I was 23. Today was my birthday. How did I not know? This was going to be one the worst days ever. 

Uh oh. What do you think will happen next? Give me a comment and vote and let me know what your thoughts are! What do you like about the story? Do you like the characters? I love hearing your thoughts!