Chapter 35

Liam's pov:
I knew it wasn't going to go well but I didn't think it would've gone that bad. I guess I was wrong. She ran upstairs and slammed the door. I wanted to get angry with her and I was. I didn't mean to. I didn't have the right. She had every right to be upset. I'm afraid of how this weekend will go, what Ryan will be like. Avery might not ever forgive me.

It was Wednesday, I was leaving on Friday. I only had a day and a half left with her. I wanted to make the most of it but I know she wasn't even going to talk to me let alone look at me.

I heard the pitter patter of her feet beneath the steps. I instantly perked up. Did she want to talk? She came down the stairs holding her hand. Her face was red and eyes puffy from crying.

"Baby, are you-." I cut myself off when I look down at her hand.

It was bruised and swollen.

"Avery what the hell happened?!"

"Nothing. I just need ice." She walks away while holding her bruised hand.

I grab her arm and force her to look in my direction.

"Avery please."

She looks down at the ground refusing to look me in the eyes.

"I just need ice." She snaps at me. 

I loosen my grip and watch her walk away into the kitchen. I let out a sigh knowing there was nothing I could do.

Avery's pov:

I fell asleep with the ice on my hand. I woke up with my hand still bruised, but it didn't hurt as bad as before. I am guessing the Advil helped. Just then, I hear a knock at the door. 

"Av?" 

I don't answer. I didn't want to see him.

"Dinner is ready." 

"Not hungry." I mumble. 

"Av you gotta eat something." He says while opening the door. 

"I am not hungry! Just leave me alone!" I snap at him.

I didn't have the energy in me to fight. Not tonight at least. He looked at me with sad eyes and nodded. He slowly closed the door behind him. 

Later that night, I felt myself getting tired. I didn't want to be in this bed when he was here. I got up and went to the guest bedroom. I didn't want to be close to him.

Liam's pov:

I walk up the stairs that night tired and defeated. The bedroom door is wide open, the covers untouched. 

The guest bedroom. 

I wanted to respect her wishes, I let dinner slide but this I couldn't do. I wasn't going to bed without her, I needed her. I tip toed in the room, she was curled up on her side sleeping so peacefully. 

I gently scooped her up and carried her bridal style into the room. I kissed her lips. They were so soft and so perfect. As I laid her down she stirred a bit. Thankfully she just mumbled something and fell back asleep. I got into bed next to her and wrapped myself around her.

That morning I could hear her twisting the door knob. It wouldn't budge, I had locked it last night.

Avery's pov:

I wake up in the bed with Liam. He must have brought me in here. I went to bed in the guest room, not with him. I quietly get out of the bed and brush my teeth. My hand still wasn't in the best condition, but thankfully it wasn't broken. I finish up and go to the bedroom door. I twist the door knob and it didn't open.