Silver Bangs

Tam's POV: 

~Flashback~

"Oh, so you can accept us?"I screamed.

"It's not that, Tam, we love you, but you know how the elvin system works. If anyone finds out-"My mother started.

I snorted,"YOU LOVE US?! Yeah, sureee you do. Then why do you want of separated? We're twins, for goodness sake. If you loved us, you would have accepted us for who we are, you shouldn't care about that stupid elvin system!"

"Tam, stop."Linh whispered.

"No."I pushed her away, the first time I ever had done that in my life.

But it was the right thing to do, I could not let this go on forever.

"Tam, DO NOT shout at your mother. She wants the best for you. Just follow what we say, and it'll be fine."My father ordered.

"WE ARE NOT FINE! WE WILL NEVER BE FINE WITH YOU CONTROLLING US! I'M DONE WITH YOU! IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE HEARTS TO TAKE CARE OF US, I WILL! NOW STAY OUT OF OUR LIVES!"I threw my registry crystal and at my dad, and snapped Linh's off,(though I made sure she wasn't feeling any pain) then threw it at my mom.

In shock, they stood there, frozen, and at that moment, I grabbed Linh's hand and stomped out the door.

"Tam, where are we going?"Linh asked in a shaky voice.

"Where they'll never find us."I growled, on y way out, I nabbed a few things.

Luckily, I always kept a spare crystal from the Leapmaster that I definitely did not steal, and Linh and I leaped over to a spot where everything was green, the trees were swaying, but something felt eerie there.

"W-Where are we? "Linh asked, her eyes zoomed to the crystal I had been holding.

The crystal's color shone yellow, signaling we were in the Neutral Territories.

"We're in the Neutral Territories. They won't find us, I ripped out our crystals, and they won't come here, they're too scared."I whispered, but every second I stood there, the more fear seeped into my skin.

I took a deep breath, right now, I needed to be brave.

For Linh.

For me.

For us.

I looked back at Linh, her face was expressionless, and I sighed.

"Let's....just camp around here. It's been a long day."

"HOW? How, Tam? You just ran out of the house with me! We have nothing!"Linh collapsed on the ground, tears in her eyes.

I crouched down to her level, whispering, "We don't. See, I grabbed a few things before we left."

In my hands, I produced two sleeping bags.

Linh stared at me,"And what if it rains?"

"Errr...."I couldn't allow Linh to use her hydrokinesis right now, she wasn't trained, who knew what she would do? Flood the whole place and make every elf outside start calling this place 'The Really Watery Place where my Brother and I wanted to escape to, but I flooded it, so whoopsies!'?

Linh sighed, and she straightened(don't ask me how she recovered from crying do easily) and she pointed to a nearby cave, "There. We can stay there."

The cave was rather large and it covered the whole top, but it didn't matter, as long as we had somewhere to stay.

After a moment of silence and settling in, I looked at Linh and told her, "I should probably get some food. You wait here."

But Linh's face looked a tad but happy, and I looked at the direction she was staring at, and a few gnomes were walking towards us, their hands full of fruits.