Gone Away

"Another thing I have, which is just more Zedaph angst. Zedaph runs away, thinking he isn't good enough for the hermits, as he felt replaced by Bdubs. Tango and Impulse send out a search party and find Zedaph... His fate is up to you~" Suggestion by @thatzflow, I'm scared...

By the way, the key for the words after the 'Nothing Left To Lose' video is Grian =  Italics and Zedaph = Bold.

TW: Angst and fluff

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zedaph locked himself in his room. It was his birthday party, but he wasn't going to attend. Oh, you bet he wouldn't. Bdubs was there. 

The party was only meant for ZIT, Joe, Cleo, Stress, Iskall, False, Welsknight, Grian and Mumbo, Zedaph thought, DEFINITELY NOT BDUBS.  He wasn't even invited. Gatecrasher. 

A knock sounded on his door. "Zed? Zed, if you can hear me, please tell me if you're alright. You haven't been down since Bdubs came in." Grian said. 

"I'm fine." Zedaph half-smiled, before slamming the door in Grian's face. That was it. Grian stole the door. 

"Grian, what is it?" Zed asked, exasperated with him already. 

"You have to tell me what is going on." Grian said forcefully. He stood to his full height (but Zedaph was one and a half heads taller than him) and glared up at Zed until he answered.

"If you must know, I feel like Bdubs has r-replaced me. Tango and Impulse hang out with him more than I hang out with them..." Zedaph finally replied. "So, to teach 'em a lesson, and for my own benefit, I'm gonna go away. And not come back. I'll be heading west. But you can't tell anybody." 

Grian just nodded. He knew that he couldn't argue with Zedaph, mainly because he was true. And also because Zed was crossing the line, and there was no turning back after he had said those sentences. 

"What are you gonna pack? Food? Water? Any prized possession?" Grian asked. "You can't just go with nothing!" 

"Uh... A stack of cooked chicken, - " Grian winced. "two sets of iron gear, a bucket of water, a bucket of lava, a boat, a gold helmet, a bed and this painting." 

The painting was Zedaph's most prized possession. A photograph of ZIT — before Bdubs made the rest Boomers. It blew their brains away.

"I'll get going. Since I'm not worth their time and effort, I won't say goodbye. I'M NOT WORTH ANYTHING GRIAN, SO I'LL GO AND I MOST DEFINITELY WON'T SAY BYE." Zed half-yelled and jumped out the window. 

He shook the sand off his clothes and stood up.

Grian looked from the window, and started to cry. This was probably going to be the last time he saw Zedaph. Zed hopped into his boat, and sailed west. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zed sailed to an island. Still west, so Grian could find him when he wanted. Zedaph began to explore the island, finding a cave. The cave was extremely deep and Zedaph almost died when he got to the bottom. A round gem was glowing in the centre of the cave. Reluctantly, he started to walk closer and closer towards it. It seemed to tell him what to do. He grasped the gem, and replaced his top coat button with it. The gem radiated an intense kind of aura...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tango and Impulse were worried.

"Where is Zedaph?" Tango asked.