The perfect enemies to lover fic you didn't know you needed

Start from the beginning

When he's done, he turns back around to face Taehyung, "Then what's the fucking problem? Is he in the hospital? Then send me the hospital bills. Is he on his deathbed? I'll send flowers to his funeral."

Waves of anger rolled in Taehyung's stomach, finally spilling over into his words, "You know what, fuck you, Jeon," Taehyung bites out. "You know you wouldn't have won if that foul was called correctly. You won, cause you're a fucking cheat." He knew he didn't mean them even as the words left his lips. Taehyung was usually very fair and would never level such a false accusation against someone in any other circumstance. But what can he say? Jeongguk made his blood boil and seemed to draw out all different sides of him.

Jeongguk's eyes darken. He takes a step closer, closing the distance between the two of them so he could tap his finger forcefully against Taehyung's chest. "Say that again," he dares.

"Cheater," Taehyung spits out, unwilling to budge.

In less than a second, Jeongguk shoves Taehyung up again the lockers, knocking all the air out of his lungs. He knew Jeongguk could be aggressive, but he was surprised by it every time. Strong hands grip the front of his jersey, pushing him against the metal lockers. "What the f—,"

"—I didn't cheat," Jeongguk hisses back, cutting him off, "And if you ever accuse me of doing that again I'll—,"

With a grunt, Taehyung shoves Jeongguk away and flips them around so that the kid was now pressed up against the lockers instead. Jeongguk looks surprised and a bit dazed as Taehyung not only manages to push him away but also manages to keep Jeongguk from moving. Taehyung holds Jeongguk by his wrists with just one hand, the other hand making a dull metallic clank as it crashed into the metal lockers, caging Jeongguk in.

Taehyungwasn't particularly strong, but he was stronger than most people gave himcredit for. He rarely, if ever, felt the need to use his strength, preferring to rely on his mental ability over sheer physical strength. But he wasn't nicknamed the "God of Destruction 2.0" for nothing.

Jeongguk looks back at him with wide doe eyes, pupils dilating as Taehyung tilts his face closer, "Don't threaten me, Jeon." He couldn't help but inhale Jeongguk's scent. He knew they both probably stunk of sweat, but there was something so grotesquely enticing about the animalistic way Jeongguk smelled. Jeongguk looks like a deer in the headlights, prey under his own intense gaze. As if by instinct, Jeongguk swallows, his Adam's apple bobbing up and down. He didn't miss the carnivorous way in which Taehyung tracks the movement with his eyes.

Jeongguk's tongue slides out, darting across his bottom lip, "Don't threaten you or else what, Kim." He grunts Taehyung's name like it's a dirty word.

Taehyung blinks, trying to make up something on the spot. If he were to be completely honest, the initial anger he had felt when he stormed into the changing room had long since subsided. Jeongguk was right, Yoongi wasn't actually hurt, and even if the referee was unfair, the game was over. There was no point in arguing over it. His words were now largely fueled by an entirely different feeling that had engulfed him. "O-or else I'll really screw you over next time," Taehyung stutters out a little lamely.

Judging by Jeongguk's slight scoff, the lack of gravity behind his threat made his words empty. "Small words from a small man," Jeongguk snarks.

And that was all it took to get Taehyung fired up again. "Don't test me, Jeon. You don't know what I can do."

Jeongguk's tongue darts out again, wetting his bottom lip, gaslighting Taehyung, "Oh yeah? Try me."

It was probably Jeongguk that pressed forward, but all the sudden they were no longer breathing the same air, but inhaling one another. Jeongguk presses his mouth against Taehyung's, using his lean yet strong arms to meld the two of them ever-closer together. His hands tangled in Taehyung's messy, bleached-silver hair, now mostly dry of sweat — but he didn't care either way. Taehyung finds himself pulling Jeongguk closer by the hips, enjoying the way Jeongguk's body, flexible from years of training, arched perfectly to meet his own.