ch 18

(5th year-Hogwarts)

George didn't expect Salem to do what she had done. She had dumped in front of everyone in the great hall and kissed Blaise after.

What hurts the most is that she had told him the truth of who her heart wants. A snake to make her family proud. She is a Death Eater after all.

If George had let himself break up with her, none of this humiliation would have happened. George patted his back pocket. Panic filled his eyes.

"You okay, Georgie?" Fred asked.

"Y-yeah. Fine."

"Look, we all saw it coming sooner or later."

"Saw what?"

"The break up between you and Salem of course. She just wasn't your soulmate. Even if she is a you know."

George's eyes glanced over to Salem. A shiny light caught his attention. His hands turned into fist as he saw Zabini holding the time turner. As if it was his turn, Zabini smirked.

To make things worse, George watched Zabini grab Salem's chin and smashed his lips on hers. When he was done kissing her, Salem smiled and returned to her book. Zabini quickly hid the time turner.

How did he get that? George thought? Did he take it without me knowing? Did he use it? Would he use it?

George pushed his plate away and stood. Feeling sick to his stomach. He didn't bother telling his twin where he was going. He was hoping Salem would follow him.

When he glanced back, a sudden sorrow came over him when she didn't. Was it worth getting the time turner back? Was it worth using it? Was it worth coming back just to be with her?

George picked up a broom. He kicked off his broom and flew away. Never looking back. Every thought of Salem leaving his mind as he left Hogwarts.