5│THE TWO-WEEK RULE

Start from the beginning

Even though she tried to fight it, the redhead couldn't hide the smile that crept onto her lips. "Sure, I'm in."

If it was possible, his expression grew even brighter and he leaned across the table to press a quick kiss to her lips— in front of everyone!— before he pulled away. "I can't wait to tell Cory!" he exclaimed as he turned and all but ran out of the library.

The redhead could have sworn that as the door swung shut behind him, she heard the boy let out an excited whoop!

🌎🌎🌎

Juliet sat in front of Morgan's vanity mirror with a curling iron in hand as she attempted to tame her wavy hair. Normally, she'd have Topanga help her, but she was afraid of the blonde finding out about the "two-week rule" as she'd opted to call it. She was sure her friend wouldn't approve and try to meddle. (And, while she had asked for Topanga's help, this wasn't something she wanted the other girl to interfere with.) That being said, it was taking much longer for her to sort out her hair for her date with Shawn.

A part of her still couldn't believe that this was happening: that Shawn was actually her boyfriend even if it was only for two weeks (the nervous butterflies in her stomach told her otherwise.) She suspected that their date (their date!) would be a normal outing to Chubbie's but even their usual habits felt completely different now.

The youngest Matthews entered her room as Juliet was attempting to fix the back of her hair and the younger girl watched her for a moment before she observed, "you're getting dressed up. Do you have a date?"

"Oh. Uh, yeah." The redhead did her best to fight the blush that rose so easily to her face but she was unsuccessful.

The blonde gave her a curious look. "Who's it with?"

"Do you promise not to tell Cory?" Juliet asked, though she was sure he already knew. She'd still try to avoid him finding out if she could help it— at least until Shawn was there to defend the idea he'd come up with.

"I love not telling Cory things!" Morgan agreed cheerfully.

"It's with Shawn," she confessed. She didn't need a mirror to know her face had turned more red at the admission.

The girl's expression turned surprised. "He finally asked you out?"

"Sort of, yeah. He's picking me up at seven."

"Can I help you get ready?" Morgan asked hopefully.

"Sure," Juliet said. "Do you think you could help me chose what to wear?"

"Yes!" she replied happily. "Do you know where he's taking you?"

"Not really but probably somewhere casual," the redhead responded.

The blonde went over to the dresser and opened the drawers she'd cleared out for the older girl before she sorted through the clothes. "Are you nervous?"

"A little," she admitted as she moved the curling iron to the front side of her hair. "We've both waited so long for this to happen, I just hope it goes well. I mean, we might sit in complete silence for the whole time." She sighed. "That would be terrible."

Morgan chose a pair of high-waisted, dark blue jeans and set them aside on her bed. "Are you guys going to kiss?"

"I think so," Juliet answered. "It wouldn't be the first time, anyway."

The younger girl kept asking questions about the redhead's date as they enjoyed the sister-like conversation. Juliet continued to work on her hair and she successfully tamed it into a presentable style while Morgan decided on a blue button down collared shirt with pink flowers. The redhead changed into the outfit and came out of the bathroom as she tucked her shirt into her jeans. She pulled on a pair of soft, light-brown boots and the blonde presented her leather jacket. "If you're going on a date with Shawn you'll probably want to match the dress code."