"We could just go find the guys?" she suggested.

"Yeah, alright."

🌎🌎🌎

That afternoon, Juliet, Shawn and Cory entered the curly-haired boy's room to find a large, empty space where the double beds used to be. Cory showed them the change enthusiastically. "Guys, I've been waiting for this my whole life. Eric has gone to college and the room is mine. All mine!"

"You sound like a greedy tax collector, Cor," the redhead chided him.

"Let the man celebrate, Julie! He's had to share the room his entire life," Shawn told her. "What's with the candles?"

"Those are for Topanga. To set the mood," Cory answered as his friend picked up the holders to smell them.

"It kind of looks like a church in here," Shawn observed.

"You're ruining the mood," he repeated. "Finally. You know, I'm no longer a guest in this room. It's mine. You see that picture? Mine. You see that wallpaper? Mine."

"I'll be happy for you as long as you stop saying mood like that," Juliet informed him.

For once, he seemed unaffected by her nagging. Two delivery men arrived carrying a large mattress between them. "Whose queen size bed is this?"

"Mine!"

"First room to yourself, huh?" he asked as he leaned the bed against the wall.

"Maybe."

"It comes with the industry standard twenty year warranty." As he left, he added, "remember, no means no."

"You know, guys, I can feel it. We're seniors this year. We're unstoppable, baby. This is gonna be the best year of our lives!" Cory exclaimed excitedly.

The door suddenly opened to reveal the eldest Matthews brother. "Daddy's home!"

"Eric, what are you doing here?"

"You didn't get rid of my bed, did you?" Eric scoffed.

🌎🌎🌎

After school the next day, Shawn and Juliet walked to Chubbie's together on their way to meet Cory and Topanga. A comfortable silence had fallen between them and the redhead contentedly swung their joined hands as she enjoyed the thought of what endless possibilities this year could bring. Despite their uneventful entrance into the senior hall, she (for once) agreed with Cory that this was going to be their best year ever.

The dark-haired boy opened the door and stood aside to allow her to enter first before he followed her down the stairs. The mood (as Cory put it) instantly soured the moment they stepped off the landing. Curious, the redhead looked around for the reason only to be tugged over to where Cory and Topanga were standing with an unfamiliar guy.

"What are you doing here?" Shawn demanded as his grip on her hand tightened.

"No, don't ruin this for me, Shawn. Listen, whoever this guys is, whatever minor personal infraction happened between the two of you, let it go because the world knows that this one is gonna be Eric's roommate and the world is my friend," Cory pleaded.

Juliet ignored him and studied the other boy closely. Unease twisted in her stomach as she took in his features. She glanced at Shawn's angry expression and back at the stranger before she put two and two together. "Shawnie, he's not—"

"He's my brother," Shawn agreed.

"Of course he is. He is not your brother," the curly-haired boy insisted.