5. House, Not Home Pt. 2

(a/n just gonna have a time skip of uhhh... the next day :] )

TW: Cutting, 
CW: Cursing, blame

It was 5:15 am, I was on the couch again, that's right, we haven't even gotten 'settled in' into this new 'home' of ours. I got up and went to the kitchen, I should make breakfast, maybe I can get away with eating today. I opened the fridge and looked inside... hmmm what to make. I grabbed some eggs and set it on the counter, what to make with eggs, then an idea popped into my head, I found the tomatoes and potatoes in the fridge and pulled them out, set them on the counter, and set to work. First I washed the tomatoes and potatoes. I placed them both in a bowl and put water on them. I left them to sit in the water and got out a pan. I put oil in it and heated up the pan. I went to the counter and got the eggs, there were maybe 6 there. I set them next to the pan and cracked two eggs. I used a spatula to move the eggs around, making scrambled eggs. I lowered the heat after finishing it and got some bowls to hold the eggs. I continued making scrambled eggs until I had cooked all the eggs. I got out a pot and put some water in it letting the water boil, then got to work with the tomatoes. I got them out of the water and set down a cutting board. I cut the tomatoes evenly, having this not be my first time cooking. The water was boiling now and I placed the tomatoes into the boiling water and worked on the potatoes. I shredded the potatoes with a cheese grater and placed them in a bowl of water. I stirred the potatoes and dumped the water, repeating the process a few times. I dried the potatoes and left them there for a little. I went to the tomatoes and got them out of the boiling water, I however messed up and forgot the pot was hot and burned my hand. It didn't hurt much, guess I was just used to the pain. I got the tomatoes out and set them on a plate. I dumped the hot water and set the pot into the sink. I went back to the potatoes and (a/n spare me the writing, he made hash browns.) blah blah blah, cook cook cook, blah blah blah, I don't give two sh- (Tubbo reference anyone?)

I finished up and placed everything into 4 separate plates. I looked at the clock, 6:30, they'll be awake soon. As if almost on time, I heard a few steps on the stairs. Upon instinct and a force of habit I tried to hide, and when they got closer, I froze. Phil was the one that came down the stairs "What the hell?" he said, confused. I messed up the food didn't I? Oh my god, I forgot the sauces! "I- I'm so sorry sir, I'll g-get the sa-sauce right now" I stuttered. He looked genuinely confused, I quickly opened the fridge to find some sauces that they would enjoy. "Wait, Thomas, you don't need to-" he quickly started, I grabbed the sauces and put them on the kitchen island and left. I don't know where, I just went into a random direction and I found myself in the bathroom. Subconsciously I had led myself to the bathroom, I went inside and locked myself in. I just needed to get away, I started crying, flashbacks of the homes I had previously been in.

Tubbo and I had been in multiple foster homes after our father had been arrested. They had caught him in the act of abusing me, apparently our neighbor had had enough of the constant noise from our house and called the police. I had angered sir so much that day he didn't even hear the siren and my world was becoming more blurry by the second, so neither had I. If the neighbor hadn't called the police, I'm sure he would've killed me. The worst part was, he was extremely aggravated already, and what drove him over the edge was I had messed up multiple things when cooking for him. That's my terror I guess. So much had gone on at that second that I just wanted to die right there and then, I blacked out and woke up in a hospital after that.

I heard a knock on the door snapping me out of my thoughts, probably signaling that someone needed to use the bathroom. "Hello?" I called, voice cracking a little, but not too noticeable. "Oh, sorry, never mind, I can wait." said the person, he sounded like Tubbo. "Oh, yeah, I'm almost done." I lied. My face was wet, that's odd, I don't remember... oh, I was crying without realizing it. I turned on the water and washed my face, I breathed in and out and unlocked the door. No one was there waiting for me, what a relief. I crept down the stairs to see what was up and I heard some voices. It was laughter, all of them were laughing down there, without me. I felt my heart drop. I shook my head, no, no, this wasn't my family, never would and never could be, I can't be sad, this could be Tubbo's family. I smiled at my change of heart. I hopped down the steps putting on my happy act.