Thirty one

Carter PoV

It's going to hurt Christian, to choose me.
She chooses me?

I don't think I can really take her words in.

She flutters her eyes open to me.

"Are you saying what I think you're saying Georgia?" I ask her softly.

"We can talk about it more when my head isn't splitting?" She looks like she's in pain. This isn't my happy flirty Georgia. Poor baby girl.

"Yeh of course, yeh..." I ramble. She squeezes my hand.

"Uh, can I stay here? Or want me to stay at James' still?"

Why am I so nervous? Why am I practically vibrating?!

I'm relieved, I'm happy. My fuck, I'm so happy, but I'm also nervous for fucking this up.

This is my last chance, my only chance, to not fuck this up with Georgia.

I'm feeling buzzed. This be crazy...

"Up to you. I need to sleep this off." She tells me quietly. Her perfect lips moving gently.

I think for a moment.
Just watching her.

Her eyes closed. She looks peacefully asleep, but she isn't, I can tell from her breathing in this silent room.

"I'll be back in a minute beautiful. Ok?"

She does a tiny smile of her mouth that drops too soon. I hate seeing her in pain.

I leave the room, text James.

Carter: I'm not staying over. G has migraine. I'm staying with her.

His reply is almost instant.

James: Space! Remember!!! 🙄

I won't tell him she's just told me she wants to be with me. She chooses me. I can't. She will wanna talk to Christian first, I appreciate that.

Carter: She has a migraine. She's asked me to stay. Nothing will happen bruv 🙄

I mean, nothing physically, but.. I hope we can talk this thing through before school tomorrow.

The sooner we work it out, the sooner she tells Christian, the sooner we're official and finally, finally, we can be happily together.

Why weren't we before? Oh shit, yeh, our parents.

That's just a bridge we'll cross when we get to it. Her mum, my dad, they are just dating.

Y'know, it's probably just convenient for them, having their teenage kids living together, looking out for each other. With any luck, they aren't too serious.

James: Do I have to even tell you this- don't sleep in her bed with her (AGAIN)

That little shit Harry.

Fuck. I thought I could trust the wanker to keep a secret when I slipped up and accidentally told him the other day.

Who else knows?
Does Christian?

Ah fuck, water under the bridge now.

I don't bother replying.

I get showered quick, brush my teeth, pulling on some clean boxers and tee.

Entering Georgia's room a quiet as I can.

She opens her eyes a little as I pull back the covers on my side of her bed.