Harry turns down Bree Runway ft Missy Elliot- ATM and turns his body to face me.

"Always G. What's up?" James asks looking in the rear view mirror at me.

"I want time to sort my head. And, I live with Carter..." I think over my words and huff... "so what can I do? What do you think I should do?" I ask biting my lip.

"Tell him to leave you alone?" James tells me like it's obvious.

Does he not bloody know Carter?

"Yeh, just make him respect your wishes." Harry shrugs meeting my eyes from my position behind James.

I'm not sure that it'll be that easy.

"How about this, If... he doesn't respect your wishes, we'll make him stay at someone else's house, like mine or James,'" he offers sweetly.

"Yeh my mum loves that fucker for some reason." James shakes his head in amusement.

"Sound good?" He offers and I nod gratefully.

"Oh, and G?" Harry gets my attention.

"Don't have him sleeping in your bed if you want space, alright?"

How the hell does he know that?
Does everyone?!

I look to James. He didn't know.

"It's alright, he told me when he was wasted and clearly didn't mean to. Doubt anyone else knows." He shrugs.

"And you just told James?" You idiot!

"Uh shit. Ignore what I just said?" Harry offers to James who just looks at me wide eyed in the rear view mirror.

Well, great. More judgement.

***

Once James drops me off, I end up relaxing in my bedroom for the night.

I don't hear Carter come home. I don't listen out to be honest. I put on Netflix, cuddle down in my clean bedding, and get lost in my own thoughts about my weird and wonderful life.

Eventually I fall asleep.

***

The next morning, Monday shitting morning, I have so many messages on my phone it's overwhelming.

Cric offers me a ride to school as I left my car at his. I decline, Carrie is picking me up.

He seems normal with me, I'm relieved, I don't wanna make things weird with everyone.

Carter is nowhere to be found, I haven't even heard him in the house this morning, strange?

I get showered, do my hair, get myself all ready for a testing day of school, in the rain.

The bad weather matching my mood.

***

"So you got dumped, boo freaking hoo slut!" A girls voice behind me shouts and a mean group of girls giggle and join in.

At that moment Harden enters and sits next to me.

"Good morning," he smiles to me and I just frown.

"You're in the wrong class?" I ask him, wide eyed, and he just smiles at me widely.

"Hey Harden," a girl practically purrs to him from behind me.

"Not interested. You just gave my girl Georgia shit for no reason but to be a bitch, that ain't nice blondie." He tells the girl, wagging a tattooed finger at them and tutting, then turns back around. I stare at his finger, a black spade and an arrow tattoo.. huh.